TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Powerbook Upgrade? Is it possible?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Reply
Dec 6th 2005#171700 Report
Right or left clicking? There's only one button on here, you can only click one way right? I know if you click while holding CNTRL you get a pop up menu like you're right clicking on a pc, but I just click the link and let it download. When it saves it to my desktop, it saves it as a .bin from Firefox.

I did try Safari and got the .sitx file, but Quicktime still came up and said it couldn't open the thing and it also said "there is no app on this computer to install the file" or something like that. I don't know what I might be doing right, wrong, or half & half, but I do know that either file won't open.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 6th 2005#171702 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 6th 2005#171703 Report
Deker, I assumed I had the Stuffit Expander, simply because it would ask me to download to that folder when the window dialog opened, but I guess I don't have it installed. So I'll do that and redo the whole thing then.

As far as the mouse goes, I was looking at the Apple Wireless Mouse and Keyboard to use with Bluetooth connectivity. But then again, I've always like Logitech and I was checking out their cordless mice and saw some nice ones.

Have you ever used the Apple wireless keyboard or mouse? By the way, thanks again for the info on Stuffit, I'll do it in a bit, it's 11:10pm here and I got to be up early so I'm gonna hit the sack in a bit.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 6th 2005#171704 Report
Yeah I've used them. I don't like having to make them connect, or changing batteries. I'll stick with the wires personally. But other people have different needs.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 6th 2005#171705 Report
Deker, I got the Stuffit Expander and got Windows Media Player...thanks a million! Set it up like cake man.

As far as the Apple keyboard and mouse, the batteries were a turn-off for me, so I think I'll stick with Logitech. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2005#171788 Report
I have another question here for you guys. If I downloaded an app to my pc that is for a mac, then burn it from my pc onto a CD to install on my mac, how do I open it? Does anyone know how to do this? Will I have to get a third party utility or something? Thanks again for the help.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2005#171789 Report
Hey man, this is bull**** man! Can someone explain to me what the happened to this mac. I was using Aium as my chat client, and then only wanted one client opened, so I opened MSN Messenger and it made me go back to set up an account. So I did.

Then everything on the mac went back to the default settings and not the way I was running it. From my dock to the trackpad, to the keyboard and everything. I freakin' changed my icons in my Finder and they're just regular icons, as opposed to the music note for music and the picture icon for pictures.

I just tried to open iTunes and it's making me set it up all over again, which makes me think I'm in some other mode, or everything was lost. Even my Firefox went back to it's default settings and all my bookmarks are gone.

What went wrong? And I haven't even installed anything on this yet as I was asking in my previous post. Damn man...this is making me think twice now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2005#171790 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2005#171792 Report
Deker, thanks for your reply. Here's the deal that has me breaking my head. As the administrator, I had my account set up as David Ramirez with the short name as davidramirez. Then something happened, and I don't know where.

Under user accounts, I only have David Ramirez, but in my finder I have davidramirez with empty folders, I can find the regular David Ramirez with all the apps I had before, but there are no other user accounts and it's reading a different account. I log out and it logs out as David Ramirez, but not davidramirez.

So "David Ramirez" had everything like I liked it, but I'm not sure how to make that the default user when it shows no other user but that one, yet when I go to look into my folders it shows "davidramirez" with empy folders.

Can you tell me what's going on here before I need some Jack Daniel's?

On another note, I gave up with trying to use the app off the CD my friend gave me, I was just wondering if I could open it, but I'd like to revert back to the way things were running, cuz on this new account, which I don't findn to exist, has jacked up my Firefox settings and my songs from iTunes. Help me understand this man. Can I just delete the user "davidramirez" out of the finder, and if so, how do I set "David Ramirez" (which is the admin) as the main user?

Thanks for your time man...I really appreciate it.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 27th 2005#171897 Report
Deker,

I just shot you a PM, so whenever you have time maybe you can respond. Thanks for your time man, I appreciate it.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum