TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Powerbook Upgrade? Is it possible?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Reply
Nov 30th 2005#171639 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 1st 2005#171641 Report
Okay, I feel like a dumb ass right about now. Man, things were much easier than I thought after you guys took some time to explain. Fig, you were right, the brightness was there all the time, I can see colors now. It was F1 and F2 so it is super nice now.

Deker, a million thanks for explaining slowly what can be done. Why you take the time to explain? I have no idea, but Apple should be paying you for this as well man. Everything looks so much better.

The double clicking for icons I had set to "fast" and I wasn't clicking fast enough, so I slowed it down, the apps icons open up real quick now. Very, very nice stuff there. I was able to put things in the Applications and get rid of the other files that were downloaded.

So thanks you guys, you're the best! The fonts, I'm getting used to, and last night after looking at a friends pc laptop, I agree with you Dek, the mac is much nicer. So everything looks good and I'm learning this whole install thing.

I will look up mac101 and I'll sign up for a class at the apple store soon, I'm just pressed for time man and I'm trying to learn the mac alot quicker. So at this point I'm not as frustrated anymore and things are looking up. Converting over isn't easy, but you all have been a great help and for that I'm thankful. But I know I'll be back with some more dumb ass elementary questions and you guys have my permission to pull my ear from time to time. Thanks a million!

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 1st 2005#171642 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 1st 2005#171643 Report
Thanks Deker, I appreciate you being open to the questions. I just don't want to get on anyone's nerves. I know you've been on macs for years, and I'm a new convert, so it's difficult finding my way around. But seriously, thanks for explaining, I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 1st 2005#171644 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 1st 2005#171647 Report
Hey Deker, that's a pretty helpful article you posted. Thanks man, I appreciate it...I'll check some of it out, hands on, tonight.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2005#171670 Report
Alright fellas, I'm back. Just two quick questions. I got msn messenger and yahoo messenger working, but I need aol and it only gives me a bin file that can't be opened, or rather, it says Quicktime can't open the file. What am I doing wrong?

Number two, and this might be another dumb ass question, but do I need some Firewall crap or virus scanning stuff? I've heard macs are bullet proof, so I'm not sure if that's needed. Other than that I've gone through the manual, am reading mac101 on apple site and will be going to a class sometime this week.

As of now, I can't get off this mac man, I don't know about going back to the pc and I'm just shopping for the CS2 Suite on eBay cuz any other way is too costly. Thanks for the help.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2005#171671 Report
if you mean AIM it's already installed, go open iChat

I have no virus scanning installed. i double-click exe files that random spammers send me just to watch them not do anything :D

as far as software, do you have CS or CS2 on the pc? talk to adobe and they can cross-transfer you, it's free when you upgrade if you talk to them about it. if you don't own anything you can buy older versions on eBay and upgrade, WAY cheaper.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2005#171672 Report
Fig, thanks for the info man. I didn't know I could hook up with iChat. About the software I have on my pc, I only have Photoshop 7 and Illustrator 10, so I figured I'd just get the whole thing on eBay. I found this guy's auction on eBay for the software: http://cgi.ebay.com/Adobe-Creative-Suite-CS2-CS-2-Premium-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ7201346801QQcategoryZ86732QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks like a good deal, and it seems legit. I just can't afford it straight from Adobe right now. Of course there are always downloads :D but I'm not sure about that man. More of an integrity issue I guess. But thanks for your reply and if you know of any good deals on the software, let me know.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2005#171673 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum