TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Powerbook Upgrade? Is it possible?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Reply
May 2nd 2006#172621 Report
Funny, apple posted this page today under it's new Get A Mac campaign.

http://www.apple.com/getamac/drivers.html
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2006#172624 Report
msz, that article brings up some interesting points. So there's a need for drivers? I'm guessing it's on behalf of the actual third party products, so they can interact with a Mac right? I mean, I'm not sure what the driver does, but is it for the product, or the machine to recognize which side?

The article says:
You should simply be able to connect that camera, printer, gamepad, camcorder, or phone to your computer and use it. That’s certainly the experience you’ll enjoy on a Mac. Millions do now. And you can join them.

And when it refers to buying third party products like printers, cameras, and so on, it states:
And on those rare occasions when the Mac doesn’t have a driver for a particular device, you should be able to find it quickly simply by visiting the manufacturer’s website or by Googling for it. Just type “Mac OS X” and the name of the product in the Google search bar (conveniently located at the top of the Safari web browser in Mac OS X), and a few seconds later, you’ll have your driver downloaded and installed.

Maybe I need to surf on Safari more often to see if I can find drivers for stuff, as opposed to looking on Firefox? Or are they just promoting Safari.

One interesting thing, and this is a bit off topic, is that on my Mac I downloaded some fonts, and a friend of mine tried downloading them via Safari and couldn't get to it. It would just show a garbled up page full of weird code.

At any rate, the article is interesting, so I guess I wasn't wrong with asking for a driver after all.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2006#172626 Report
Safari isn't the greatest, and they are indeed just plugging it, all you have to do is Google it. I've been using Macs for awhile now and I've really only had to download two drivers, one for my HP All in one and one for my crappy wireless Logitech Keyboard and Mouse, but that's it really, everything else works like a dream. But then again, like they say on the site, plugging these in they worked right away, the drivers enabled more functions and whatnot.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 3rd 2006#172627 Report
msz, thanks for the info, I'll be sure to keep your pointers in mind. In regard to the logitech keyboard and mouse you use, would you rate those better than the Apple products in your opinion? I have the bluetooth keyboard and obviously ordered a mighty mouse, but I have big hand and need a big board, and the Apple bluetooth just doesn't seem to do it for me.

I really like Logitech's stuff too, and that MX1000 mouse is super slick. I've seen them advertised but I'm using the Apple keyboard to learn the shortcuts and stuff. Being the new user I am, I'm trying to see all things Apple...(laughing).

On a serious note though, is there much difference in using the Apple products as opposed to the rest out there. I just don't want the feel of using Windows anything for a while. By the way, what model Logitech setup do you have?

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 3rd 2006#172633 Report
Hey, got my mighty mouse today! Works like a charm, all things were ready to go, it was simple plug in and get to work. I'm lovin' it with the cool little scroll nipple. Super cool!

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum