TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Powerbook Upgrade? Is it possible?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Reply
Dec 4th 2005#171674 Report
glad to help zer, and that could be a good deal but i think you'll actually be cheaper upgrading. it'll just cost you the upgrade cost and the crossgrade is free as i understand it. the adobe site lists the creative suite upgrade from any version of photoshop on the same platform as 499...you may be able to talk to them about the same platform thing.

dek, i tried to use fire but it's just UGLY. adium is ok, havent checked out proteus. iChat just looks so smooth

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2005#171675 Report
Dek and Fig, thanks for your replies. I checked out the chat clients and I think Adium looks like a winner for me. I'll have to give it a shot. Proteus and Fire didn't really look to great on the screen shots, but then I'd have to check out the functionality.

Do you have one of preference Dek?

Fig, you're saying I can contact Adobe and get my photoshop 7 and Illustrator for the mac at no cost? Or are you saying I should buy the CS versions and then upgrade, or what exactly are you referring to in regards to the upgrades?

I might be a bit slow but it sounds like one of those "too good to be true" deals. I remember sometime last year when Pank was talking about how Adobe wouldn't hook him up with the mac version, although he had promoted Photoshop in many ways. So I'm not sure what to do. Any detailed info would be great.

Thanks again.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2005#171678 Report
[QUOTE=zerimar3]
I might be a bit slow but it sounds like one of those "too good to be true" deals. I remember sometime last year when Pank was talking about how Adobe wouldn't hook him up with the mac version, although he had promoted Photoshop in many ways. So I'm not sure what to do. Any detailed info would be great.

Thanks again.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

They would not let me upgrade for the normal transfer fee. I had to upgrade totally because they said there were no more Photoshop 7 discs left. You will be fine. It was just bad timing on my end. I had an version of PS that had just been updated so I had to pay for the entire upgrade. For example if you own CS 2 and want to transfer over to Mac CS 2 it costs just a few bucks for the shipping, etc. If you have CS on your PC and want CS 2 for the Mac you have to pay the upgrade.

When I switched to Mac Adobe just released CS a week before. So that was my issue. I had to do the full upgrade. The reason I bitched was because it was just after the update and found it hard to believe that in a few days they had no more PS disks with my version laying around ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2005#171680 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2005#171683 Report
pank, thanks for clearing that up. I have ps7 and illustrator 10 on my pc but I figure I'd just do the cs2 suite, cuz I'd like to get InDesign as well. And I'm getting work from other designers in illustrator cs or cs2. Mihai hooked me up with a logo concept a while back and sent me the .eps but I couldn't open it up cuz it was in illustrator cs2, so he had to resave it for legendary 10.

I'll have to just bite the bullet sometime next year, as Christmas shopping is already digging into my pockets. But I'll see what I can do. As I posted earlier there are some pretty good deals on eBay, but it is on my Christmas list so maybe I"ll get lucky and someone will hook me up with the suite.

Dek, thanks for your reply. I use google talk as well and I think you can plug it in to iChat as a Jabber sign up, but since I use Yahoo Messenger where I get alot of my emails, I need that as well. I hooked up Adium last night and it seems to work well. Thanks for the links to the chat clients.

In regards to folders, or "smart folders" as I've seen them called. Can I just create them in my account, or anywhere I want to download and store things? I mean, when I look at the a pc I'm able to look at my sidebar and see all of my folders and click on them individually to see which files are there. And of course the files show up on the left hand panel.

What would be the equivalent on a mac to performing this type of "looking through" files. Other than the way to view files and folders, how is the structure is what I'm mainly asking. I just like to create folders and sub-folders for graphics and then others for literature writing, I'm just wondering how to go about doing that.

One last thing. Why do some downloads require an X11 thing on the machine to run? I was trying to download Open Office from openoffice.org and it kept saying something about an X11, but I downloaded Neo Office for the writing and got that going, but the full Open Office has the same thing as MS Office such as excel, word, powerpoint, and so on. I just don't know what X11 is for.

Thanks again for your time, I hope you guys are enjoying the Holiday Season.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 4th 2005#171685 Report
I was using Adium for a bit the skins were nice, but I didn't like the away message system and a few other things about it and I'm a heavy AIM user. I just couldn't get used to iChat too, so I just wound up using AIM again...

My two cents.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2005#171686 Report
msz, cool deal, thanks for your input. I didn't really chat on the client yet, but I did install it. Weekends are slow for chatting for me, as I only chat with people that really need to get a hold of me, not for leisure.

I stil have one more question. I'm trying to get some apps to install, like Windows Media Player, but it downloads as a .bin file. It says "Quicktime is not able to open the file" and I'm only looking to get the player because some sites use that player to stream the videos.

Any information on how to open these files or get them working? Thanks a million...once again, you guys are the best.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2005#171687 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 5th 2005#171690 Report
Deker, thanks for the info on how the structure of the folder tree works, it cleared me up pretty good. I had a hunch that that's how it worked, but I wanted to be sure.

As far as the link you gave me for the media player, I had used it before, tried it again, and when I selected Stuffit Expander to download to, it gave me the same thing, saying "Quicktime cannot understand this file" or open the file, something like that with an error (-2048) so I'm not sure what I might be doing wrong, or if it's me at all, but it keeps showing up as a .bin file.

Any thoughts? Thanks for your help man.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 6th 2005#171698 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum