TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Powerbook Upgrade? Is it possible?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Reply
Apr 30th 2006#172599 Report
Yeah, what msz said is exactly what I meant.
Ofcourse I don't know what version of OS X you have, but from what I read on the apple website, it looks like you can just plug it in and edit the settings in the pref pane.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2006#172600 Report
rofl everytime I actually visit these forums, this is the only thread that is still living.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2006#172602 Report
@msz, your post was my next guess, which of course I wouldn't have found out until Monday, which is tomorrow, my time, or today depending on when you read this post.

NL, I do have the latest version of OS X so I guess I can just plug and play with the mouse. My guess is it does run natively, but then again, what do I know, I'm still new to the "switch" from windows to Mac. Lovin' it, just gettin' used to things here and there.

kinetik: I keep laughing too man. I visit and post here and I'm surprised that some people come back and find this post still living. I guess it's a good thing, or a bad thing. Good because I'm getting help, in the middle of being a new Mac convert, from those who know their stuff and have been patient with me in helping me out.

But it can be bad that there aren't too many other new posts or posts that are encouraging some interaction and stirring up conversation for what the forum was really intended for.

Hopefully things will change soon and there'll be a new thread up and about that will last just as long.

Just like you, I'm laughing at times when I come back and see this thread still living. "The few, the proud."

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2006#172604 Report
If you have the latest version I think you are all set.
I don't own a mac, but from what I read it shouldn't be a problem.
Have fun playing with the new mouse!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2006#172606 Report
Thanks *NL* I will keep you guys posted on how it turns out.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2006#172609 Report
LOL at "drivers" how Windows of you. ;)

Yeah man it's all built into the OS. As long as you have the latest version of Tiger (10.4) you are all set. You'll configure the buttons under System Preferences > Keyboard and Mouse > Mouse
Reply with Quote Reply
May 1st 2006#172610 Report
Damn, I knew someone was going to laugh at me when I said "drivers". Hahahaha :D

What do you call it for a Mac? I'm still wondering about .dmg and all tripping out how the CD mounts itself when inserted.

But I have a book that I'm reading called Macintosh Switcher's Guide and I checked it out at the library. I really like the way it's written, pretty easy to understand, the guy's writing style is pretty clean.

So I'm learning little by little, but he doesn't cover "drivers" yet...hahahahaa! and I'm barely on chapter 4 so we'll see how much I learn about this stuff.

As far as the Mighty Mouse, it was supposed to come in today but there was nothing in the mail, hopefully tomorrow. I guess it was shipped a day later than I expected.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2006#172613 Report
[QUOTE=zerimar3]Damn, I knew someone was going to laugh at me when I said "drivers". Hahahaha :D

What do you call it for a Mac? I'm still wondering about .dmg and all tripping out how the CD mounts itself when inserted. [/QUOTE]

We call them, uh, we don't call them, we just expect them. They're what you need, so they're there already. lol and .dmg means disk image, it's basically a virtual hard drive that contains whatever (typically a program).
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2006#172614 Report
What MSZ said. 9 times out of 10, you won't need a driver, it's already built in to the OS.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 2nd 2006#172615 Report
We call them, uh, we don't call them, we just expect them. They're what you need, so they're there already.

That's something I'm starting to learn about a Mac, if you need something, it's pretty much there already. Kind of like they're one step ahead of everything else, working smarter and allowing the users to "think" and "understand" that you're going to be taken care of.

.dmg is another thing. A term to get used to on my part. Or more of a concept to grasp. I don't fully understand it but yeah, I'm learning. I did check out a book from the library so I could read and understand how to work my Mac. Do I get a hi-five for that one?

Disk image? Hmm, sounds interesting, but I'm more of a visual learner that needs to see things from the top, like a bird's eye view. I like to see how things work from a top view, then zoom in and get into the core of it all.

Deker, I figured out that things are built into the OS, maybe that's what I like about the Mac, that things are already there. As I'm reading this book I got from the library, I read some history of Apple, the "Lisa" computer looked pretty crazy man. That's some ancient stuff, but the history of the Mac is very interesting...I wish I would've been introduced to it from my early childhood *wipes away tears*.

But it's all good, it's never too late to start. Thanks for the explanation fellas, you guys have been a good help and I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. Now the next time I'm about to crap in my pants for lack of understanding I'll be sure to try to post sooner, cuz I was going crazy looking for a damn driver! :eek:

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum