TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Powerbook Upgrade? Is it possible?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Reply
Apr 25th 2006#172565 Report
@Deker: I saw a picture of the Macbook in the 17" and it looks awesome man, looks like they'll be shipping soon.

@malibu: I'm glad we have a super guru here on the forums we could talk to. I would've went nutts when I got my first mac.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 25th 2006#172568 Report
I have one more question. When I purchased the Powerbook, it came with a 3 year Apple Care Warranty, which I activated under my name. If I sell this Powerbook can I transfer the Apple Care to the new owner or can I keep it and transfer it to a new machine that I buy?

If you can't answer here, just shoot me a PM or email me at [zerimar3 at yahoo dot com]. Don't want any of our gurus gettin' in trouble ;)

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2006#172572 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2006#172574 Report
Hmm, I looked around Apple Support online and didn't find anything on transferring the warranty. I went to Advanced Search and didn't find anything either. I think I'll go down to the store and ask about it or call Apple care.

I don't have a receipt though. I know this thread has some history and I stated early on that I had purchased this Powerbook off of eBay.

The guy who had it before me had it purchased by his job for his school in a class he took, which required a mac, and he doesn't have any history of the purchase. He told me he looked and asked but they didn't give him any receipts.

I wonder if there's a work around on this. I guess I'll have to call or take a drive to the Apple store. Thanks for your help Deker, it's greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2006#172576 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 26th 2006#172578 Report
deker, thanks for the link. I'm guessing they'll need a proof of purchase as in a receipt which I don't have from an Apple store, just a PayPal receipt. I'm still wondering if I should sell my Powerbook. I really like it, but when I saw the new 17" coming out at a faster speed, my jaw dropped.

I'm still new to the switch from PC to Mac, so I just may keep my laptop. I was just looking at paying off some bills and then going for the Macbook in a couple of months. We'll see what happens.

Thanks again for the link man, it helps, and I'll be sure to call in and get additional details.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2006#172590 Report
Okay, I have yet another question. I needed a mouse for my laptop and decided to go with the Apple Mighty Mouse since I got it for cheap. But it's just the mouse. I can't find any downloadable driver which programs the buttons on the Apple site or any site.

Would anyone have a clue as to where I could find the freakin' driver/software that would normally come with a boxed mouse?

I thought it was wierd that I found the software for the bluetooth mouse but not the mighty mouse. Any one have a clue? Thanks for your time, greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2006#172592 Report
http://www.apple.com/mightymouse/software.html

I think you can do it straight from the operating system?
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2006#172593 Report
NL, thanks for your reply and the link. I've already checked out that site though, and there isn't a download for the software. Normally when you buy the mouse it comes with the disk in it, but since I got this mouse as a sale from a guy who didn't use it with his iMac, it came alone, with not disk, so I need to find the driver/software.

The mouse should arrive Monday. What do you mean exactly when you say I can run it straight from the operating system?

Thanks for your time...cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 30th 2006#172598 Report
I think what he means is the Mighty Mouse drivers a built into OS X, if that is what he means, I think he is right.

I poked around the Apple Discussion boards for a bit, it looks like when the Mighty Mouse came out OS X 10.4.2 was the newest version out and you needed to use the software on the disc, but in OS X 10.4.3 and higher Mighty Mouse support is native. When you plug the mouse directly into the Mac (people had problems with KVMs) in the Keyboard and Mouse pref pane, you should be able to customize the Mighty Mouse. It is apparently a common misconception that the Mighty Mouse should have it's own pref pane.

Hope this helps, let us know if it works out.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum