TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

shopping a laptop

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Reply
Sep 29th 2006#174697 Report
Not sure, that's all I ever do and it works. Though I don't do it that often. Normally I just rip them in as AAC in the first place.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 29th 2006#174700 Report
Alright, I think I figured some parts of this out. When I imported them as AIFF I put them into a separate playlist and for some reason they would not convert. But they do convert in the Library under "music" but create a duplicate of the song...so as far as that goes, I guess that's the way I'll go and then transfer them to a playlist.

Not sure how to rip them in AAC format though. I'll poke around and see what I find out. Thanks for your help man, I really appreciate it. Still getting used to stuff on the Mac, but lovin' it...thanks again Dek and everyone else.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 29th 2006#174702 Report
It's under the iTunes preferences, under the ripping tab I believe. Then you can set your bitrate and compression type.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2006#174720 Report
Deker, thanks for your help man, I found the choice to convert to AAC and the bitrate information. Alot smaller and cleaner than an mp3, that's for sure. Thanks again for the information and the help man, I appreciate it.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2006#174723 Report
Hopefully within the next weeks I join the ranks of the MacBook people... soon TeamPS will be pure mac :P

I'm getting the Macbook pro that is all upgraded and stuff... if I get the 1gb of ram Derek, think the apple people would toss in another little bit? When I got my sister's iBook, they tossed in extra memory for it for free, which was pretty sick. Is this common or is this just depending on who you have selling it to you?

Thanks for this thread btw, it has helped me out completely without me having to create a new one to ask my questions. We should compile the contents of this into a super FAQ thread... "Ask Deker" or something :D

Also, do you happen to have GMail / GoogleTalk deker?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2006#174724 Report
After watching this video, I'm even more glad I switched to a Mac. There's just nothing like it.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2006#174726 Report
Is that the video where they showed a few of Leopard's features?.. I'm really looking forward to the Time Machine app. Sure us a neat way to backup. I'm sure there's more eye candy in store, just that they're keeping it for the wow factor, not to mention not letting M$ copy :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2006#174730 Report
Kinetik, if you buy from an official Apple Store, they will never ever "throw in" something extra. We have absolutely no room to negotiate, unless you are a business customer spending over like $5000, then it's only a couple percent off. If you are buying from a third-party company, they will probably be able to throw stuff in.

Time machine will indeed be pretty awesome. I'm sure a lot of people are still not going to use it though, because it requires an external hard drive. Then they'll come into the store all mad because "apple lost their data" and "apple's aren't reliable". haha.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2006#174733 Report
sidez,

That video doesn't go into Leopard's features, it's Steve Jobs discussing the iPods and the iTunes, along with the CEO for Disney talking about the new movie category in iTunes and downloading movies to your iPod.

There's also a performance at the end by John Legend, and they also discuss iTV which is the internal name for a product (still in beta) that will be out in the first quarter of the new year, where you can wirelessly play your downloaded movies from iTunes to your TV, super slick stuff. Although it's just a sneak peek, it's showing people where Apple is going with everything.

It is a lengthy video, and you might enjoy the latter part of it over the first.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2006#174734 Report
Going to buy mine tomorrow night, kinda bummed the iPod Nano deal is gone though :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum