TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

shopping a laptop

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Reply
Sep 26th 2006#174671 Report
Well, if the songs are on your Mac and your means of transfer to the PC are limited to only CD burning, you are right, your best bet is just burning all of them and reimporting them to the Mac, because that removes the DRM, if memory serves me correctly. If they are on the PC though and you want to put the files on the Mac via external hard drive or something, your best bet is cracking the DRM through the PC and then moving the files onto the Mac.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2006#174672 Report
F*CKING A!! They haven't released the new MBPs!

I'm so mad and embarrassed by the fact that I got in the hype of photokina and the supposed apple annoucements about MBPs. Luckily I don't really need a notebook right now so it doesn't matter much.

In the meantime, my girlfriend got her DELL C2D so I guess I'll play on that untill Apple decide to put an end to my wait.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2006#174674 Report
They are rumors man, nothing is real until it comes out of steve's mouth. I've started having a much more enjoyable time when there are announcements by ignoring all the hype leading up to them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2006#174676 Report
Haha, I know, I knew it all since the beginning, but it was tempting to wait a bit because I wasn't in a hurry. And to say that I didn't even know what was the merom technology before going to some mac forums, heh.

But you gotta admit that, seeing all the other major brands implemented the C2D in their laptop lines, Apple wouldn't wait too long to do the same. It seemed so natural. :(
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2006#174678 Report
Heh yeah, there are too many rumors.
Iphone, widescreen ipod, core2duo macbooks...

The new aperture update looks really good though!

Does anyone know if it's hard to recompile source code to make it work on the new intel macs? I've heard it is possible, but can't find anywhere how to do it! I need it for an iPhoto plugin. I have the source code, but don't know what to do next.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2006#174679 Report
You can download Xcode. There's an option when you start the compilation, it'll as if you wanna compile it for MacTels or PowerPC or Both. Well, that's what I saw from the keynote presentation ;)

http://developer.apple.com/tools/xcode/
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 27th 2006#174680 Report
I think xcode is on the install cd's that came with the package.
I'll check when I get home.

I don't think it'll be that easy though, others tried getting this specific plugin to work, yet failed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 28th 2006#174693 Report
[QUOTE=deker]What bitrate/quality did you compress them at?[/QUOTE]

Alright, getting back to my little rant here on converting DRM to mp3 format, I thought I'd get back to Deker's question. Dek, I converted them all with the default setting in iMovie, so my guess is that it's the highest setting there is. Now that they're all in mp3 format, would I have to back and convert each one, or can I just use something like hymn to compress them?

Second question is this. The original songs imported are 212MB, as I posted before. So why wouldn't they fit on one CD that can hold up to 700MB? I actually did burn the songs and it took 3 CD's. Any thoughts on this? Thanks for your time.

*edit*
Just wanted to add this information if it helps on one of the files I converted, this is the outcome:

Kind: AIFF
Size: 37MB
Bit Rate: 1411 kbps
Sample Rate: 44.100 kHz
Channels: Stereo
Sample Size: 16 bit

It looks like it's alright for one song isn't it? Or should it be smaller? This song is 3:39 minutes.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 28th 2006#174694 Report
You need to convert them to MP3's still. They are in AIFF right now, which is like WAV on the PC. The files are HUGE! A 3 minute song should be 3 - 4mb most of the time. If you put the song in itunes and then CTRL click on it, and say convert to mp3, it will compress it. You can set the quality for that in the iTunes preferences. I usually go with 192kbps AAC personally.

Regarding burning them to music CD's though, file size doesn't matter. You can burn 12 MP3s to music CD and it'll still fill it up. It goes by minutes, 80 minutes is the most you can fit on most CDs.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 29th 2006#174696 Report
Deker, when I first converted the songs, I highlighted them all in iTunes and went to convert selection and selected MP3. Then after noticing they were still in AIFF, I went one by one, but they're not converting in iTunes...any idea as to what the problem is...other than me? Thanks for your time man, it's highly appreciated.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum