TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

shopping a laptop

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Reply
Sep 23rd 2006#174643 Report
Yes it does suck. But it's still available. But I recommend Adium. It makes neat duck sounds.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 24th 2006#174647 Report
This might be a bit off topic, but seeing we've gone from laptops to chat clients, I figured I'd throw this out there. Is there a converter for the mac to take the "protected" songs from iTunes and convert them to mp3?

I've done some searching and I've found some converters that can be used on Windows, but none for mac. Is there a way to convert these songs downloaded from iTunes to mp3 without first burning them to a CD and then re-importing them after setting "advanced" settings to import as mp3?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if necessary.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 24th 2006#174648 Report
[QUOTE=zerimar3]This might be a bit off topic, but seeing we've gone from laptops to chat clients, I figured I'd throw this out there. Is there a converter for the mac to take the "protected" songs from iTunes and convert them to mp3?

I've done some searching and I've found some converters that can be used on Windows, but none for mac. Is there a way to convert these songs downloaded from iTunes to mp3 without first burning them to a CD and then re-importing them after setting "advanced" settings to import as mp3?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel free to PM me if necessary.

Cheers![/QUOTE]

Found this on MacUpdate.com. hymm. Haven't tried it myself, since I don't have my Macbook with me yet. After removing the restriction, I guess, you can get iTunes to convert them to mp3.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 24th 2006#174650 Report
Sidez,

Thanks for the input bro, but I tried hymn, and I guess it's not compatible with the latest iTunes version. I have downloaded it and tried it and it looks like it would convert easily, but then it tries to log into my iTunes account to grab the keys to unlock the songs.

Then it has a some setting to be in stealth mode or something, so I'm not so sure about that one. But looks like there might be another way, or at least they'll upgrade the utility soon. Thanks for your post though man, it's greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 25th 2006#174654 Report
Alright fellas,

I followed the instructions in this article here. Now all the songs were converted to mp3 format. However, the files are bigger than the original files from iTunes...does anyone know why?

My original downloads from iTunes show 45 songs, 3.6 hours at 212MB

Now that they have been converted using the method in the article, I figured they would be compressed. But the new reading is as follows:

40 songs, 3.1 hours, at 1.89GB

Can someone tell me what went wrong here? All the songs after they were re-imported as mp3, were then converted to mp3 format just to be sure, but shouldn't the size be smaller.

I tried burning a CD thinking all the songs would now fit on one CD and it'll still take up to 3 CD's to burn those mothers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2006#174657 Report
What bitrate/quality did you compress them at?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2006#174658 Report
Bitrate/quality? Man, I'm not sure...I don't remember, will have to check when I get home. But I think there was a field that was labled "best" on there somewhere...how would I know?

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2006#174660 Report
Psst.

http://hymn-project.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1555

Requires a PC that's also authenticated to play your iTunes tracks, but it works. Oh, does it work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2006#174664 Report
Welcome me to the world of Mac. I sure missed alot of good stuff. The only thing my PC is good for currently is hosting all my files remotely.

Since we're on the topic of mp3s. Glad I didn't have to tranfer over all my mp3s, simply had to set iTunes to where the files are on the PC. That only works on my local LAN.

OnCleSAm : I'd definately get that MacBook if I were you.

On a side note, should I split this thread so we don't go off topic?.. Make another one on Mac specific questions?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 26th 2006#174665 Report
msz, thanks for the info. I've seen hymn and there's a version for the mac, but it doesn't seem to work as well as it does with a PC. Chances are hymn hasn't prgrammed it to work as well with a Mac.

So if I have a PC, you think I can burn the disk off of my Mac, plug it into my PC and convert them on hymn? Will the PC read the CD burned on the Mac? If that's the case, then I might as well just re-import the CD's back into my Mac as mp3 format. I'm still a novice Mac user so if my questions don't match up, it's cuz I'm a bit slow at catching on to things.

I posted earlier about this article here and it has a great way to transfer those "protected" files, however, I'm not sure at what bitrate I converted them, which is what Deker asked about earlier. So I'll have to check it out later.

In the meantime, I appreciate all the help so far, cuz I'm looking to just compress the songs and play them anywhere.

Cheers!

[QUOTE=msz070]Psst.

http://hymn-project.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1555

Requires a PC that's also authenticated to play your iTunes tracks, but it works. Oh, does it work.[/QUOTE]
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum