TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

shopping a laptop

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Reply
Oct 17th 2006#175003 Report
There is a plug in at the Growl site but it's for use with Apple Mail. I thought they might have a way to notify of email coming in per account added in Adium. Oh well, maybe in the future.

Thanks a million!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 17th 2006#175004 Report
Video chat is coming, I'd show you the thing on the Beta site, but the tracker server has been down since Sunday. And yeah, I run both when video chatting.

Zerimar, when the tracker site comes back up, make a ticket, like request the feature. See if they like it. (Or if someone else already submited a similar item.)
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 18th 2006#175026 Report
okay so we've gone from mac books to mac book pros, powerbooks, chat clients and so on. So I figured I'd keep this thread alive and ask for some help from some of you media gurus.

I got this voice recorder for my birthday, the Sony ICD P320 and it comes with software for a PC. What I'd like to know is if there's a work-around so I can use this to download my recordings to the mac via USB?

I've Googled around and found one thread, but it went unanswered at some site. So I figured I'd post here. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 18th 2006#175028 Report
[QUOTE=msz070]Video chat is coming, I'd show you the thing on the Beta site, but the tracker server has been down since Sunday. And yeah, I run both when video chatting.

Zerimar, when the tracker site comes back up, make a ticket, like request the feature. See if they like it. (Or if someone else already submited a similar item.)[/QUOTE]

Videochat is coming in Adium?
I've read somewhere you still aren't able to videochat with MSN messenger buddies.

Now if it would be possible to chat with MSN messenger friends on iChat AND videochat, I would definitely go for that, iChat looks way better than Adium if you ask me.
Bubbles, hooray!

Zerimar, I've looked around for some help with that voicerecorder, but can't find anything useful. Maybe contact Sony?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 18th 2006#175029 Report
NL, I think there's a way to chat with MSN on iChat, not sure about video chat though. But I found this article about a week ago and maybe you can figure it out. I gave it shot, but just missed something somewhere. The article is right here.

As far as the voice recorder thing goes, I plug in my voice recorder and it only says PC LINK, so the mac doesn't read it. Sony does make a recorder that carries software for the mac os x, but it only has 16MB of memory, whereas this one I have has 64MB.

Might not matter much as long as I keep backing up my files, but there are time I record lots of notes, speeches and stuff, so I do carry the info with me. Maybe I'll just get a MicroMemo for my iPod.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 18th 2006#175040 Report
[QUOTE=zerimar3]
I got this voice recorder for my birthday, the Sony ICD P320 and it comes with software for a PC. What I'd like to know is if there's a work-around so I can use this to download my recordings to the mac via USB?
[/QUOTE]

The only thing I can think of, is if you have an Intel mac, give this program a try: http://www.codeweavers.com/products/cxmac/ . But I dunno what else to tell you otherwise honestly. Sorry.

And yeah NL, it's been said in the Adium roadmap that video chat is coming (I'll find a link for you when the tracker/ticket system is back up). Also, you can get some iChat bubble message styles off of www.adiumxtras.com ;).
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 19th 2006#175041 Report
msz, thanks for the link. I don't have an intel mac, I got the Powerbook G4 just before the MacbookPro came out. I'm just gettig used to it as I've only had it for a litle under a year. I love it. I've looked at virtual PC and have some friends with Intel Macs that run PC programs, but it's just not something that attracts me at the time.

I also have a PC that hasn't been on for a good while, and I don't think I want to go back to using a PC. So I guess I can email Sony or just sell my voice recorder online and get one that works with Mac. Thanks again for the info.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 19th 2006#175054 Report
[QUOTE=msz070]And yeah NL, it's been said in the Adium roadmap that video chat is coming (I'll find a link for you when the tracker/ticket system is back up). Also, you can get some iChat bubble message styles off of www.adiumxtras.com ;).[/QUOTE]

I know... I have the bubbles.
But well yeah, it still doesn't feel as slick as iChat.
It would be really nice if you would be able to hide all the other stuff and just have the bubbles, on a transparant background.
Just text bubbles and a send button.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 19th 2006#175058 Report
Not sure if i'm slow, but I just downloaded the latest version of aMSN, webcam works. Tested with my second msn account. Works with my PC's live messenger client.

Still, its not as slick as Adium and iChat
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 20th 2006#175068 Report
Hooray! I've been diagnosed with RSS (Random Shutdown Syndrome) so I get to take my macbook pro back AGAIN!

http://digg.com/apple/Macbook_Random_Shutdown_Problem_Solved_At_Last

HOORAY!@11!!11!1
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum