TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Remembver the Navbar....... well its all finished now

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Reply
Oct 30th 2003#127021 Report
hahah nice one random..... ok.. i will try and do all the things y'all said..... and find some way to fix them all

thanks for the input... ill post up again when its finished
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 30th 2003#127059 Report
yeah i'd have to agree with nos... i really think you should keep practicing for a long time before you try to make a designs website. in your welcome, you seem to be targeting businesses for your web design, but i dont think your site is really very professional at the time being, seeing the "Untitled Document" in the title bar. it doesnt look like you've spent very much time on your layout, because i dont really see one. you just used a stock photo, a few fonts, gradient overlay, bevel and emboss and a few lines. sorry but i dont think your site is ready to be selling designs to professionals, but you could try selling some personal or fan site webmasters some layouts for maybe 15 bucks or so.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 30th 2003#127068 Report
hmmmm
i will keep practicing
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 31st 2003#127101 Report
Yes I agree with pretty much everything said above... please don't sell you design stuff *yet*. I would suggest redoing your site over and over again for practice until you can confidently make a *good* site, with all the essential elements listed above.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 31st 2003#127133 Report
I don't know what you people talking about but I think that get a quote form is radical indeed! I thought you sell car insurance at first place.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 31st 2003#127186 Report
haha...... bad news.... because i dont have php capabilities on my host...... its notn working
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2003#127314 Report
no need php for form processing, cgi/perl will work fine
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2003#127345 Report
i dont have a clue about cgi or perl?! anyone know where i can get the forms or woteva?
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2003#127383 Report
the nav bar sucks cuz u just did standard html links, use images or if ur gona do it in text stuff use CSS

Lord god, don't listen to that idiot.

There's absolutely no reason why you can't use text as links rather than images. You don't necessarily need CSS.. remember CSS is for designing, so if you can achieve the same effect in html and you want to do it in html rather than css then go for it.

The truth is that there are many designers that i've heard say that you should never ever use text in graphics. Keep text and graphics separate. Do I believe this? Not to the same extent, but there is a lot of validity behind the statement. IT keeps load times down. You don't necessarily need to always have graphics.. just keep your options open.

as for the site, yeah, gotta say, it's ugly.

First of all, why is the nav bar not the same width as the content? The continuity breaks up..

there's really nothing special about it. just a cloud picture.. that's pretty much it. needs unf. eyecandy. etc.

the content font is times new roman... blech

it's really empty too.

However, there's no reason you can't be selling webdesign...

people who dont know much take all the jobs away from everyone else who knows what they are doing

There's no reason you can't sell it, even if you don't know what you're doing. It's an experience, and it's also something you learn as you go. It should be up to the customer to see if they're getting good work for a reasonable price. Etc, etc.
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2003#127384 Report
thanks..... are you a mod here supah? your always useful
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum