TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Remembver the Navbar....... well its all finished now

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Reply
Oct 29th 2003#126862 Report
check it,

Pixelated Designs

This is my new version of Pixelated Designs....... comments and criticisms please

Thanks
MArc
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 29th 2003#126887 Report
the nav bar sucks, frames are badly done, should have used backround frames so they dont cut into your layout, overall highly boring, not all links work
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 29th 2003#126889 Report
haha ....... feel the love .....lol...... how do i do background frames then?! and any reasons particular why the navbar sucks?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 29th 2003#126902 Report
u set an image as the frame backround

the nav bar sucks cuz u just did standard html links, use images or if ur gona do it in text stuff use CSS

and if u dont know much about web design than you shouldent be selling it
not trying to be a jerk
people who dont know much take all the jobs away from everyone else who knows what they are doing and they make people have the idea that because you will do if for 100 means 50 hours of good design work is only worth that, but your design wouldent be half as good or spend half as much time one it
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 29th 2003#126906 Report
hang on mate..... who says i dont know anything about web design..........?

about the buttons....... i kept the load time down by not using images....!

granted .... you have a point about that web design costs..... but if what you are designing....... people are wqilling to pay good money for then surely it doesnt matter about anyone elses costs or effort?

Maybe theres something for YOU to think about aswell

Peace

Marc
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 29th 2003#126959 Report
anyone else?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 29th 2003#126962 Report
Hmm, i really don't think you're ready to sell web design. Make it just a portfolio page.

It looks ok, you need to get a better sense of content flow, though.

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 29th 2003#126965 Report
1) You dont really have a "layout". Everything is a seperate stand alone element and they don't interact/match with each other.

2) the header width is less than the width of rest of your design. The header should always define the content/shape to come.

3)You have gradients on your subheaders......yet you have a bevel on your header? (these should match...either one or the other)

4) You have like about 5 different fonts............a good design will only use about 2 (if that).

5) html links in the nav don't look right (mostly cause the underline). Again....they should be pictures.

"i kept the load time down by not using images"

That's a bad excuse. First...your layout wont take long to load(23k..like 2 seconds on a 56k)...second if u know how to compress properly then IMG links shouldnt be more than 1k each (usually ~700byte gif's). Also thats a necessary expense! The nav should come before anything else......so if you need to cut load times...then alter your header/cloud picture/gradients/bevels etc first.

6) The iframe is a terrible terrible use of space (just cause you can do it...doesnt mean you should!!). Also you have LOTS of space...so put your "info" into a table.....not a iframe

7) Your 3 content sections should match in lenght for consistency.

8) Not really a complaint...more like a tip but never use a "coming soon" phrase.......it just looks bad. Its like "why the hell did i come to the site.......if you dont have info for me" kinda thing.

9) Your colors dont look too well on white. The background color over powers the layout since you have 2 bright colors. (2 brights dont make a right)

hang on mate..... who says i dont know anything about web design..........?

If you want to back up that phrase.....then you need to try a little harder.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 30th 2003#126979 Report
haha, thanks rodder
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 30th 2003#126985 Report
AAAAHHHHH!! I've been raped by pop-up ads!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum