TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

CWCONLINE v2003b

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Reply
Jul 12th 2003#113096 Report
Thanks, again, guys. I can actually say that some people care. Other boards have had people flame me, tell me they could care less, and other derogatory and crude acts. Thank you all.

I do have fun at times, but the bipolar disorder doesn't make me see eye to eye with people of my age group. It causes your mind to mature faster than it should, due to the permanent depression, so usually most of my "fun" activities are spent by myself with site work or my music, or with adults. That's not much of a life, but I'm at peace with who I am, and I wouldn't change a thing. Sure, I'd like to swipe the disabilities, but in all, I know a lot more than the average teenager through difference experiences, and I am grateful to have had those experiences to make me the wiser.

It is getting bad, though. I've managed to get sucked into the world of technology. I have 3 sites I'm trying to build, and maintain, at once. I even have to preplan updates a month ahead of time. It gets very aggrivating.

One thing that does keep me mentally sane, I guess, is my music and my site work, but in the short hand, I still enjoy doing it, despite it keeps my schedule pretty unorthodox.

Christopher William Coddington (Xzandar / cwcandromeda),
CWCONLINE Administrator/Webmaster
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2003#113102 Report
Originally posted by cwcoddington

I do have fun at times, but the bipolar disorder doesn't make me see eye to eye with people of my age group. It causes your mind to mature faster than it should, due to the permanent depression, so usually most of my "fun" activities are spent by myself with site work or my music, or with adults. That's not much of a life, but I'm at peace with who I am, and I wouldn't change a thing. Sure, I'd like to swipe the disabilities, but in all, I know a lot more than the average teenager through difference experiences, and I am grateful to have had those experiences to make me the wiser.

Hey, nothing wrong with that, in fact, sounds a lot like me :p . I enjoy conversations with adults, at least the ones that don't act like...well teenagers :p . My fun activities are also by myself quite often, in fact, I really never got out much until last year when I began realizing that I had a lot of fun when I was with friends, so now I go out a little bit more, but I'm still basically what I guess you'd call an introvert, or something like that, but maybe college will help change that, or maybe it won't, we'll just have to wait and see won't we? :D .
(*Just a warning, don't go off boasting your above average knowledge to everyone you meet, so to speak. Not saying that you're not indeed quite skilled a knowledgable, I'm quite impressed, but be careful, there are sooooo many aspects of knowledge, there's no way to measure usefullness/amount of knowledge/etc. But I'm sure you're smart enough not to be too full of yourself, or something... But of course don't be too humble either... ah, the wonderful contradictions of life:p *)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2003#113151 Report
I wouldn't think of it. I loathe egotism. Well, I think it's important people should have confidence in themselves, but there is something that I call advanced egotism, which is where someone is so wrapped into themself, and noone else. I do NOT want to be one of those "types" of individuals, and I don't plan on it, either. The bipolar disorder prevents you from having confidence in yourself, anyway. :-X

I haven't gotten out much this year, or last year. There's really nothing to put me out there. I've been out a few times, but not a lot. I'm almost as white as "Albino Boy." Which reminds me, I need to get out side and get some sun, before Fall. Gah!

College may change it, but I find that when people think they are "moving on to the real world," that it doesn't do anything to their personality. My sister has no moralities, and she still doesn't. *sighs*

And what you said earlier about not just sticking to both my current labor of love fields, I know that's what I want to do. I may not be certain of it down the road, but I know I enjoy them both and know a lot both in respective levels to where I can make it, at least, in those fields-I hope.

Thanks again for your words.

Take care,
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2003#113154 Report
Just make sure that when you get to college, you don't enter that whole "I know everything" and assume that you have all the most important opinions on all the most important issues, and that, of course, your opinions are correct, hasn't happened to me I don't think...but I have seen it happen, so be wary. I'm not going to question whether you really are much smarter than the average person your age, since I don't really know you. However, it is sad when I notice that many of the people around our age are also the ones who think aol is great, and delete all the files on their computer and wonder why it stops working :D. Anyways...you are pretty skilled though. Best of luck in all your endeavours .

And guys...this threads changed topics so many times...come on...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 12th 2003#113169 Report
I was reading through these posts and I came across this Chris kids post. I signed up for this forum just so I could comment on this subject. First of all, isn't a biography written by the same person called an autobiography? Second, what the hell kind of crap is that? You think very highly of yourself. I could easily make up a website and put 'Justin Brown sounds just like Luther Vandross. His voice is spectacular, but he lives a hardknock live with ADD and ADHD so everyone should feel sorry for him' (Justin Brown meaning me). The whole thing is rediculous IMO. Is the site for people to check out your website skills or to drop a tear because you have personal problems like everyone else in this world. You act like ADD and ADHD is cancer or something. It just sounds rediculous because your saying that you sound awesome when you sing and your a great web designer. ITS YOU. I could understand you writing that about someone else, but your writing it about yourself! Conceited much? Instead of getting whatever emotion you were trying to get out of this whole thing, I just laughed. Get real.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113263 Report
*sigh* here we go...

I'm not gonna comment on that...

Supahsekzy, you have given plenty of helpful critiques. Don't sell yourself short!

haha *score*
Thanks mara, I find your critiques very helpful as well, plus i love your site :D and you ¬_¬ (Just trying to score some ass)

I enjoy conversations with adults, at least the ones that don't act like...well teenagers

Heh. I, on the other hand, enjoy lighting things on fire with adults that don't act like... well adults :D

Come on, guys. You don't have to be old to have a little fun, not necessarily fun on the computer, but out there in the real world!

...and no, you can't plug an internet connection into a tree.

I highly suggest you visit this page, perhaps it might help:
http://www.1112.net/lastpage.html
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113282 Report
This site is NOT a pure portfolio site. It is my official site to only showcase my featured skills in photoshop. The site is mainly oriented around my music, more than anything. The Luther Vandross likeness, I have several reviews in my home that many judges based upon a "Luther Vandross" likeness, so believe me when I tell you I am not egotistical, and didn't form it with my own opinion. I am blessed that I could be given such a voice. I don't use it to try and gloat, as you automatically assume, and jump down my throat with your accusations.

Second, I only wrote the grammatical output, which means, grammatical corrections. The CWC Records, Inc. writing staff is responsible for the whole bio you see on the site. Most people who are not on major labels wind up writing their own biography with a writing staff, anyway.

As for getting real, I would say that you need to get real and get some moralities, dude. One reason I created the site was to showcase my music, and to offer support to other people who suffered from all of my disabilities, and technically, ADD and ADHD are diseases of the mind. They're not permanent, at least not all the time, but a disease is a sickness; therefore, this is a disease. Bipolar disorder is also a disease.

Supa, I would like to have fun with people my own age, but people with my conditions just don't adapt to that very well. I only have about 7 or 8 real friends, who I hang out with, mostly because they understand what I suffer from, and most of them have ADD. The rest speaks for itself.

Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113285 Report
chris, I don't want to be the bad guy, but ADD is a bull**** disease. It's not a disease. It's normal for people to sometimes have trouble concentrating. It's just the latest fad for teachers who like drugging kids instead of being good actual teachers. The latest is ODD...oppositional defiance disorder or something like that. symptons are disagreeing with parents, or being resistant...or something.

Anyway, I agree that you have some good skill and I like your site (just think the lady is kinda creepy ). But don't say ADD is a disease. ADD is something that's made up to make certain people's lives easier by letting them give drugs to their kids. There's a new type of "disease" that's like ADD for adults. It's all BS. There is a very very small number of people who actually have such serious trouble concentrating on anything that they might need drugs, but only a few. Are you one of them? I don't know. But you're focused enough to make that site and learn to use photoshop. If you're as skilled as you say, then you don't have ADD.

Don't use ADD as an excuse for anything. Bipolar, yes, ADD, no.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113291 Report
You handled that Converge response well, CW, but...I have to agree with lifeonaplate, inasmuch as ADD's true merits as a disease. I suppose that my skeptecism comes from it's diagnosis at such absurdly young ages. case in point, when you mention in your biography that you were 'diagnosed' in preschool. To me, this seems ludacris, given that a doctor saw something odd about a 3 or 4 year old with a short attention span, in the early 90's. Did and child born in the 80's have an attention span that surpassed 4 or 5 minutes?

This all aside, I do not assume that you agree with me, given your candid discussion of it, and it's apparent effect on your life. I do not imagine that it is at all easy to let go of something that has been told to you for most of your life.

But, the whole issue with Converge is exactlywhat I was talking about in parts 2 and 3 of my post (above).

He does have something of a point, though, in that being a very young person as you (and I) are, we tend to overplay the level of professionalism we attempt to convey, in an effort to sound, well, more 'grown up'.

I guess I would like to know, who is on this writing staff? I understand that close friends and family will often do what it takes to help each other out, but I'm not sure if you want to dive into what it is that you're diving into. Some rather assertive statements are made on your site, and ultimately, there are some that would severely question your credentials, due to the fact that you do come across as very assertive. Thus, some people assume that you have an inflated self-image as a result of the assertions made on your page.

Furthermore, as I stated above, there are some of us younger people who, in an effort to emphasize our relative few credentials, emphasize every aspect of our skill that we can in order to give us some level of resonance with those more senior members of the industry, or market into which we are trying to enter. By relative few credentials, mind you I do not in any way mean lack of skill, I mean only a marked lack of higher education, and career experience, being that we quite simply haven't gotten that far yet. It is thus that we make every effort to stand up and be counted among those who are already established members of a community or industry. Often, we are somewhat unable to do so. It is thus that embellishments are made to, what are no doubt, apt descriptions of ones skill in their field, or prospective field, but given our lack of experience, our efforts are seem dull in comparison to others who are far more established and experienced in their field.

Thus, when you make mention of things like a Writing Staff, and having previously asserted that you are a 15 year old student, severe doubt is cast upon you credentials. As a result, it is likely that many who have read your biography have come to the conclusion that you have absurdly embellished your credentials, and that you have taken the compliments of peers, who have little or no professional experience in the field that they are issuing such positive critiques in. On the other hand, if you had hired publicists, or had been reviewed by a noted authority on web design, or music (ie. Rolling Stone, etc.) then you, or whomever does your writing could tout praise from those sources as a mark of approval from an authority on the given subject. In the meantime, it would be best to say:
"Friends of mine say I am a talented web designer. One of them even says I'm the best!"

Thus, readers could make the assertion that friends of yours are assumably the same age, give or take, and that their opinion is biased to some extent, given that they are friends of yours. Also, when you make mention of the fact that your voice is very much like that of famed Singer/Songwriter Luther Vandross, you have just made an extremely heavy assertion. Given your age, and the writers that you have helping you, assumably peers, you cannot say that your voice is just like his, because you are not the one to make that assumption. What you can say, however, is that you greatly admire his singing style, and that his voice has been integral in the formation of your own style, to date. You can also say that you have made every attempt on your own behalf to emulate his voice, and that peers say that your style greatly resembles his own.

So, all in all, it is still very much acceptable to speak the bare truth in terms of your role in the field that you aspire to be a part of. Meaning that your flame will not burn as bright as some, until you have become more established, and more mature in the field. Thus, I would advise that you act your age, and be as open as possible, as I will try to be in the future. It is hard, especially for those who are more able writers, to avoid embellishing their credentials, without ever overtly lying. This is also not to say that I think it really is you who is writing your biography page, but I would advise that you take a more active role in the compostion of the subject matter that goes on that page, to make sure that it offers readers the most accurate picture of you as possible. Right now, I think you should take this advice to heart, because, quite frankly, several statements made on your site are rather presumptuous.

Posted by cwcoddongton on bio page of christopherwilliamcoddington.tk

The year 2001 saw Chris's first written musical work, ever. The classic "It's Time I Said I Love You" rotated rapidly on the official site for weeks.

To put the matter bluntly, it is not up to your writers to determine whether that song is a classic.

Posted by cwcoddongton on bio page of christopherwilliamcoddington.tk
In 2002, Chris's web design career as an amateur collapsed, when he switched graphics programs. People saw how his graphics went from advanced with another program, to very newly amateurish with a new graphics program, Adobe Photoshop 7.0, causing him to be thrashed at almost everywhere he went.

The above is hardly what I would call a collapse. and only 1 year ago? I think this line is somewhat over dramatized. The word collapse should be replaced with roadblock. I think at 15, there's no such thing as a career collapse, because there's no such thing as a career at that age. And furthermore, in order to be a truly effective web designer, you HAVE TO deversify your knowledge of design programs. It is simply a must.

There are some other things you should re-work, but you get the idea. Maybe, what really needs to be done, is that you take over the compostion of your biography page. Be as direct as possible with the content of the article, and only tell people what they need to know. Avoid dramatizations, and always focus on your skill. Of course, don't make up information, but just be honest about whatever it is that you feel your audience needs to know.

Of course, this is all just my opinion, but I think that these suggestions will help.

Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 13th 2003#113343 Report
What I was trying to get out of my reply was the exact same thing pganguly just said, but I didn't know a non harsh way of saying it. Good words man.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum