TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

CWCONLINE v2003b

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111919 Report
few flaws;

-on the skip intro (bottom bit of "entered" page) you need a "hit-box" (fourth stage in button layer) because atm u need to click th actual text nt jus between letters like u shud.
-takes ages to load (ok i have NTL 600k but took 10ish seconds to load (all) so that's 500k ish? way too much for what it is. (take a look at www.thorium-uk.tk i'm sorry for self promotion but seein other websites is best way to learn! on that it's far more active than yours, the whole main page is 80k ish. when i saved as 100% quality (originally) it was 220k and i took down to 95% (cant see any difference) it was 80k, about 40% original size! :D)
-Staggery need more fps or longer fade... zzzzzz (ppllllleeeease do more frames)
-shorten animation, it's too slow n boring.

other than that... I LOVE IT!!! :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#111958 Report
Hmm...yeah the fonts look a tad blurry. It does have a lot going on, but it's not necessarily a bad thing. if you were to tone down the background a tad, maybe make it softer, it'd look nicer IMO. I was kinda wondering why you used an image for the system requirements. It looks nice but you could get nearly the same effect just using HTML or css. 30K can be an extra few seconds, and believe me, as an ex-56K-er, we aren't that patient...

And hey I'm 16 so you don't have to listen to me :D.

One more thing....the photoshop lens flare? Come on man, you know better than that... .

*edit*: spelling error...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#111961 Report
LMAO! I couldn't think of anything at the time, so I just used a lens flare. Besides, I thought it would add something to the effects around it. Now...I'm questioning my mentality. ;)

I'm working on a new biography document, so that it sounds better, btw. =P Just need to get my other labelmates to chip in, as my label also has to write in it.

I was thinking about doing text for the Requirements, but I don't see why I didn't think of it before. lol.

So...95% is still good? Hmmm...I'll try it.

What about that black line, though? I still can't get rid of it.

Christopher William Coddington (Xzandar / cwcandromeda),
CWCONLINE Administrator/Webmaster
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#111962 Report
one more thing...your site is pretty flash heavy, yet i was surprised to see no rollovers. Personally I think a subtle effect can go a long way towards making it more pleasing, but if you just don't like them then don't listen to me. to each his own...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#111972 Report
Actually..I'm getting rid of the flash, because I can't rid of those stupid black lines over the b/g images, and it's really ticking me off to where I can't think straight.

So, I'm going to wind up taking all those images, and slicing them, and posting them in HTML/PHP format. You know how long that will take on 56k? It'll take me forever to test it, since I use 56k myself.

Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#111974 Report
Are you talking about the black line between the two swf.s?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#111975 Report
No. That is intended. On the actual flash movies....you can see these very dark black lines that stretch across the background images. They're about 1px in height, and they span all the way across. The original images don't have that.

Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#111976 Report
glad to hear that you're correcting the bio part.

btw...you spelled "gallery" with three L's in the nav menu.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#111978 Report
bah! Typo.

I'm going to head over to kirupa to see if anyone can help me get rid of that pesky black line, because I am not creating a new design after I've spent over a month in the concept designs, and construction.

Thanks, olnavi for pointing that out.

Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2003#112009 Report
Okay..sorry for the double post. I have implemented the version with some modifications. The main index is less than 200k. I decided to put the navigation system, and the project notifcation system, together. That saved a LOT of space, and it will save on your load time. The splash page was also updated with text requirements, instead of being listed on an image. Thanks life. ;)

I'm getting to how I want the other pages to look. I know I'm not putting a flash navigation menu on them. Would it look tacky to put a text navigation menu at the top, under the site logo?

Thanks all for the comments.

Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum