TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

CWCONLINE v2003b

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Reply
Jul 5th 2003#111685 Report
I just launched the newest version of my website, and I like it. For the first time, I am happy with my work.

Right now, the main splash index, the main site index, and the biography pages are up. The other pages received PHP errors, and they're being fixed, and will be uploaded shortly.

I am very paranoid as to what people will think of the site, though, which is why I turn to you guys to let me know how it stands so far. Those of you on 56k connections will experience a little bit of load time, as the site has flash, and high quality JPEG files.

And, to those who I linked in link exchanges from this board, I will get your links back up soon, and I would like to express my apologies to the temporary down time of your links. I will have it fixed soon.

Website ยป http://www.christopherwilliamcoddington.tk

Thank you all for inspiring me to create this brand new layout, and many thanks to my musical and life inspirer, Luther Vandross. :D

Christopher William Coddington (Xzandar / cwcandromeda),
CWCONLINE Administrator/Webmaster
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2003#111689 Report
Too slow for me. Sorry but I don't have all day to view websites. You sure have got a short URL though.

tom
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2003#111761 Report
I noticed you have written in your content page that you are "one of the greatest website designers around".

I would expect something better from someone who claims that.
I cant understand why the navigation bar takes so long to load as there is not much to it. My whole site is made from flash and takes but half the time of just your navigation and i dont even class myself as a webdesigner (just a dumb signwriter).

Im sorry i sound abrupt but i have no problem with some one selling their talents and promoting themselves but for anyone to say they are "one of the greatest website designers around" I feel they are just on themselves, even if they are the greatest.

in saying all this I dont think your site is bad I just dont like what you have written about yourself.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2003#111762 Report
5003553 people have visited this site...

Impressive :rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111817 Report
Ok you need a skip intro button and your fonts are slightly blurry, id look into pixel fonts.

other than that looks fine to me
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111830 Report
Originally posted by LAV
I noticed you have written in your content page that you are "one of the greatest website designers around".

I would expect something better from someone who claims that.
I cant understand why the navigation bar takes so long to load as there is not much to it. My whole site is made from flash and takes but half the time of just your navigation and i dont even class myself as a webdesigner (just a dumb signwriter).

Im sorry i sound abrupt but i have no problem with some one selling their talents and promoting themselves but for anyone to say they are "one of the greatest website designers around" I feel they are just on themselves, even if they are the greatest.

in saying all this I dont think your site is bad I just dont like what you have written about yourself.

Did you notice anywhere that that was a quote? That's from one of my friends, and in this area, I am, since I am the only one who knows how to do a website without using NetObjects Fusion, or Geocities page builder. lol! My friend wanted that quote on there, so I put it on there. I didn't say that about myself. You should really read how things are put into context, before making accusations. I'm not saying I'm greater than anybody. A guy in my gaming clan makes graphics and websites 20 times greater than I can, but he gives me inspiration, and so does Luther. ;) I'm only 15 for Heaven's sake. This is a shocker to most people to find out of a teen, but I haven't had much of a life, so this is what I do. =P

A skip intro button? Right. I knew I was forgetting something. I'm not sure why that font turned out so badly, but I'll get onto it.

I need to reset that counter, as not many people show up anymore. It came to a plateau, up until I got my dot.tk domain, and that was the end of the traffic. So, a fresh restart seems better. Does that seem wise?

Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111832 Report
It's too trippy for me! The site just doesn't seem balanced, too much of a good thing perhaps. Using more then 200 kb on images on your bio page isn't that smart, people will not wait for everything to load and just close your site and never come again!

Once you have loaded a page, and want to go back to the homepage you have to load everything again. Not handy.

And why are you telling us that you are fifteen? What does age have to do with it? That is not an excuse to do things less good then you actually can.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111834 Report
My point is that I'm still learning. ;) That's why I came here, since professionals are all over. I'm only an amateur. I need inspiration for better work. So far...it's working.

Hmmm....how would I balance it? Maybe it's because it's the early morning, and I normal spot this, but I don't see how it seems unbalanced, but I do think I should have made the biography images to the width of 750, instead of 600. That way they are balanced with the main index. Would putting the navigation bar at the top of each page work?

And...something seems wrong with the splash page to me. It just doesn't flow right to me. Hmm.

Thanks for the words. :D

EDIT: "Skip Intro" button was added, but now there is a black line on top of my background image, which wasn't on the original image. I can't seem to get rid of it, and it's starting to tick me off. :mad:

Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111904 Report
Originally posted by cwcoddington

Did you notice anywhere that that was a quote? That's from one of my friends,

Unless your friend has some sort of credentials, his words mean nothing,

eg. My friends think i am the best signmaker in the world, but how do you think it would sound if i put in my content "I am the best signmaker in the entire world" You would think I was a Knob right.

BUT if the head honcho of the ASA wrote somewhere that I was "a leading sign manufacturer and produced some of the highest impact vehicle graphics in the state". You would think differently wouldnt you.

Try thinking a bit harder about what you write, there are ways you can sell yourself without sounding like your full of yourself.;)
Please dont think i am saying this just to be nasty, I am just trying to show you what other people are going to think when they read your bio... especially when you have stated at the bottom of the page that you wrote it...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2003#111910 Report
cw, I think you are getting better all the time. I am glad to see you seem to be accepting all the c&c in good nature. I read your bio and my 8 year old has adhd too, as well as some other things. I find it amazing that you are able to concentrate to work so hard on your interests. Keep up the good work and keep taking all the good advice the ppl have to offer here. They can only make us better. :D

M. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum