TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

If TeamPS was completely overhauled tomorrow...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Reply
Aug 14th 2005#169665 Report
Exactly, and that is why I am still for a new site, if the same interest still stands.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2005#169677 Report
I definately agree with the original content idea, and I hope to expand it to more than just the standard tutorials... First we do need to get the structure of the site correct and that will mean a conversion to database, then we can start moving ahead.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2005#169680 Report
I'm willing to take time and help redevelope the site, as I'm sure that I can get some help from all of the new and vet. members. I would really like to see this place get "put back on the map" I guess you could say. It is still a pretty decient community and that will probably never change, but the main site should also be as good (not to say that pank did a bad job). I think a lot, if not all, of the site needs to be redone. More content, better page management, more sections for more than just people looking to learn photoshop... basically this place need to be built from the ground up and expanded. Thats just how I feel about it and if that meens I gotta help put in long ours to do it... I guess I'm will to do that :p

My only other though, and I'm sure I'm not alone on this, is that I think this site should be like it was before... mostly ran by the users. Of course there has to be some business aspect or esle this site wouldn't be able to function/run. But, I still think a lot of the site should be ran on user/member input. Just a thought.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2005#169780 Report
getting back to stuff to put on the actual site, I really do think that we should push the specific tutorials (i.e. how to make grid lines!) to the side and do the lessons. for example, spend a good tutorial on every single tool and what can be accomplished with each, showing all the possibilities that can be done.

also, essays that delve into the thought/styles/techniques behind achieving certain looks, i.e. the worn look (though kind of already covered by cameron moll and inc. pretty thoroughly), the trendy look, the uber-teched-out-look (Now i'm just making up ****.)

But I think art and design theory are just as important and as crucial to the techniques used to make it.

plus it would be good to have tutorials that branch out into other things. color theory is an excellent one imo, maybe even sketching/drawing/painting tutorials? art has a million facets and we can touch on so many of them.

we could make tutorials with the "give a man a fish/teach a man to fish" theory.

p.s. hi to everyone who came back since my last post :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2005#169781 Report
Well we all seem to have a lot of ideas...which is fine. But I think too many ideas may lead to confusion. For anything to succeed here, we need to be on the same page (or close to it anyway).

My suggestion is lets find out first where the general interest lies. Lets get a poll going where members & guests can vote. Lets sticky it, get it linked to the front page of the site and let it brew for a week or two. Maybe Rich or a mod can set one up?

Sample Poll

- Programs & Tools (hardware included?)
- Effects & Techniques
- Art & Design Theory
- Design Information & Industry News
- Inspiration & Creativity
- Business Information
- Multimedia (flash/video/3d)

Then we'd have a starting point to discuss what improvments if any can be made.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 2nd 2011#203445 Report
I agree with you.

*NL* said:You both are right, I think.
Summer always makes teamps look like a ghost town, that certainly is true.

I do feel that it isn't just that though, it feels like there is this other problem going on... it was there before summer too. It might be that the old group of really active people is just falling apart, because of other obligations. I can't really lay my finger on what the actual problem is.

Teamps once was a place for advice and just for joking around, it feels as this is ages ago though. Most of the members that we now call 'seniors' learned most of their tricks here.
All the new people that we get lately, don't stay long. We need more unexperienced people that are dying to be taught photoshop. When they learn their stuff here, they will definitely spread the word about how good the quality of education over here is.

The problem is, you can't just force people to start posting more, right?
The forum just has to have something to offer, that's one way to get people more active.
Maybe we need weekly lessons or something?

Combining sections is something I've thought about too...
It brings a lot of problems with it though. The reason there are a lot of sections now, is just to make it easier on the moderators. We had to move or delete lots of threads before, that really changed when we got more sections (even when people were active )

What if we organise a teamps reunion? ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum