TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

If TeamPS was completely overhauled tomorrow...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169519 Report
I miss IRC Trivia games. That is still a fond memory for me. I don't know why but I just laughed my head off when we were doing that stupid thing.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169520 Report
Yea, oh man, trivia was absolutely hysterical. That is the thing I missed the most. I was always screaming for a game of it in the middle of a normal chat.

That was funny, some of the answers man.. haha.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169526 Report
Hehehe, yeah the trivia definitely was great... We should have logged all the answers.

Anyway, though the root site is part of the problem too, I don't think it's just that. I visit it maybe twice per month, and I have the forum as my startpage. I always went here directly, I don't know how many people do that too?

Starting a whole new site might work, but would take a lot of time and effort. There are tons of sites out there that do or want to do exactly the same. Teamps still has a great name, it can take years to reach the same fame with a whole new website. We could try to live up this design though, both the front end and the forum? But that just wouldn't work on its own, the whole site has to be marketed in a different way. Maybe that's where Rich comes in play?

It's bugging me a lot that he's not around much...

*thinks up seventeen revolutions*
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169528 Report
Man, where have I been? I guess it wasn't just me getting bored coming to the site and seeing things going lame. So I lost a bit of interest, and I just finished reading this whole thread. I have to agree with all of Deker's comments and it's true.

But consider another aspect. I don't remember when I joined TPS and I'm too lazy to go find out right now. So let's look at some of the senior members and admins and all that good fuzzy stuff. Many of you can sit here and talk about the good ol' days and what not. Truth is, when someone well known in the community, like Pank, starts up a forum or site you get the guys you need to launch successfuly.

It goes big, you know? But when there is a lack of interest by senior members the one to lift the morale is the leader, which in this case would've been Pank, and from there it felt like a team.

Deker said:
Pank cashed out... and the new guy is apparently satisfied to take the money from ads with the few remaining users and admittedly doesn't even know photoshop or graphics himself. So unless he's going to start paying people to generate content, I'd say it's pretty much a lost cause.

Deker also made reference about the sale of ForeverGeek, not too mention other sales Scrivs made to the new guy including CSS Vault. It just feels like it died down, it doesn't have the same prestige or the style and wit of what one was used to.

Now, it is possible that someone new might come to TPS and not know Pank used to own it, but the problem is the new owner doesn't show up, so there's not really an identity to the site and after some looking around it's going to look very old.

So I'm with Dek when he stated that we should get those interested and start up another forum, where the money goes to simply paying for hosting and bandwidth and stuff like that, but not to put money in someone else's pocket.

The problem may not be needing to re-structure the site, nor may it be with acquiring new members. It may be with having to revolutionize a few things and make a move elsewhere, and I'm down with that. Because the truth is there is no leader, and you won't be able to have a leader put all the effort into trying to salvage this forum under an owner who isn't around much either. The leader should be the owner, or the one who started the site. Take the leader out and you're going to watch things disintegrate.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169529 Report
hey that would not be a bad ideea.. what deker says. I'm game!
I'll even put some money where my mouth is and buy us some hosting. At least for the innitial phase where we wouldn't have millions of users.
and I'll do whatever graphics are needed.

I'd love to see the old days come to life.

look me up on MSN guys - we'll make stuff happen if you really want to.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169530 Report
I can help with some graphics and I think Dreamhost is having a special right now for hosting for the first year...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169531 Report
IRC Trivia, oh man... hahaha.

I'd go with the start-from-scratch-with-old-members idea myself. A fresh start is always a fresh start, it just clears the air somehow.
What would it be called, though? "TPS Deux?" :D

The reason I stopped coming here was probably the fact that I didn't have the time to fool around and do silly **** in Photoshop like I used to. Also, the lack of good work to look at had probably something to do with it, even though I guess one should stay and "repay" for the help one got earlier.

Anyway, if Mihai would get a ball rollin', I'd be willing to help with just about anything that doesn't cost money, as I'm still doing my Civil Service and thus am pretty much skint.

...and what the hell did happen to Powerfulsquid?!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169533 Report
haha, I guess we need an IRC trivia channel on the new website ;)

How about we start another projectpath thingy like before the redesign?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169535 Report
muwahaha I guess the news of Paavo's demise were grossly overblown.
I thought I smelled ogre lurking in the shadows...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 10th 2005#169536 Report
about the projectpath thinghy - Minse will you do that? and maybe start an emailing thinghy to see on how many we can count.

we need a plan... and people.

edit - just checked mediatemple - I reallyhave no ideea how much space/bandwidth this sort of thing can swallow - I'm willing to pay forthe domain name and one year hosting - the 2GB storage plan.. or if any other dudes are willing to pitch in - we could get the bigger 5GB one.. I guess in a year we'll find out wether or not we make enough in ads to support the thing and move to greener pastures
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum