TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

If TeamPS was completely overhauled tomorrow...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Reply
Aug 11th 2005#169587 Report
There is not much I can do with regard to timing. TPS is not the only site under my control and I do not just want to make changes immediately without due thought and consideration. The changes I have outlined are just the first step, I will hopefully developing other ideas too - I just need to get the ball rolling.

It's only actually just over a month away as we are around mid August now anyway.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2005#169588 Report
I appreciate you replying so fast and I can imagine your lack of time.

Anyway, the programmers won't be finished programming in one day, right?
How about some beers and hotdogs for the forum members, that will satisfy us!

I just hope people will not lose even more interest, it would be such a shame to see this website go down the drain...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 11th 2005#169589 Report
I wouldn't have got involved in the first place if I didn't think I could do something... The programming is not a big job. We just need to install some standard stuff for the forum, and add a new backend for us to convert the existing tutorials to a database and design a new submissions sytstem - all in all it should take up to two weeks (bearing in mind my guy isn't full time and has other commitments).

Beers and hotdogs would be good, although they may get a bit squashed in the post... Not to mention cold... Just not the same as straight off the stand
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2005#169611 Report
This forum needs help, I cant even stand coming here anymore.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2005#169619 Report
Hey thanks for the constructive help there Michael! With quality posts like that this place will turn around in no time!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 12th 2005#169624 Report
Hi all my old friends :D
Okey there was alot of text and alot of replies so I didn't have the time to read through all the posts.
But here is my point of view what teamps is all about.
I think this is the best place for people who just started playing around with photoshop, I really didn't know anything about photoshop when I started here.
I still see this forum as a place to start from but not really stay at.
I pretty much come back here and check it out every now and then because there are so many people I know here, but I don't really come here for critique anymore.
I can get some pretty good critique from you guys who have been here for a long time.
What really (sorry) pissed me off about this place was when I actually wanted to get some critique and some people who just started playing around with photoshop came with some really bad advice, well most of it wasn't really advice, more like, it sucks or it's good.
And then when someone pressed filter and make different clouds it was the best thing ever and everyone wanted to know how that was done. Okey of course I understand why it's like that, but after a while it just started to annoy me.
I don't think there is a way to get the old people back here, and I don't think there is anything wrong with that... for me it's still a place to learn how to do stuff and then you move to another place to actually get critique for it.
I'm really happy to see that there is actually so many of the old people left here that still helps out when there are people in need of answeres.
I'm not trying to get people to leave this place, but it really has helped me alot to be on a bit more professional forums, you see so much more and you really get good critique. People say that your design sucks, if it sucks... but then tell you exactly why and how to improve it.
Well that's it for now.
I'm off to bed and tomorrow I'm trying to move to New York... again, tried today... hate the british airways...
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 13th 2005#169628 Report
I still see this forum as a place to start from but not really stay at.

And there's another part of the problem. That kind of attitude has turned us into a Q&A board, not a community. Newbs are temporary members, usually until they get their answers and you can't build a community off that.

As for crits, almost every forum I know of has some element of the "That sucks, AWESOME filters" attitude. It aint unique to TPS. And it's actually waaaaaaay worse on some other forums. You just gotta pick and choose what to take/ignore.

@ RICH : Site changes are fine, but what / if anything do you have planned for the forum? Or at least do you have any advice on what we could do ourselves?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2005#169652 Report
Apart from the photo gallery system, I hadn't thought too much about the forum, I am open to advice from people as to what they would like to be available on TPS Forums... Blogs?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2005#169658 Report
ping pong stuff always brings in people..
and prizes - don't even have to be large. 50$ worth coupons of a t-shirt or anything like that...
sponsored contests for licensed copies of PS... Proffessional filters reviews gets the companies that make them to sponsor a contest or 2.. they can sure put up a free copy of a filter for the advertising... that'd bring in the newbs.. they allways like the filters hihi
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2005#169661 Report
I don't think adding "features" is what will help the site. There are already hundreds of places to get image galleries and blogs. Original content is what is needed.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum