TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Errr...wtfbbq?

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Reply
Feb 22nd 2006#172173 Report
My problem with the front page is that the user isn't being directed anywhere. It's just a huge mass of text. The most eye-catching things are the huge graphical ads. There are no icons or graphics to draw interest to anything, the navigation bar is just a row of text links, just like the style switcher, and every news item, and the ads, and everything else on the page.

I didn't even know there was a free image gallery that I could upload pictures to on the site since the only mention of it is a 1 sentence blurb on the news section. When I did find the gallery, it isn't even finished, none of the graphics on the top of the page load, and it is not easily apparent how/why to upload my own images.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2006#172174 Report
[QUOTE=deker]My problem with the front page is that the user isn't being directed anywhere. It's just a huge mass of text. The most eye-catching things are the huge graphical ads. There are no icons or graphics to draw interest to anything, the navigation bar is just a row of text links, just like the style switcher, and every news item, and the ads, and everything else on the page.[/QUOTE]

The huge graphical ads are actually where we showcased the community image project... The ad is not permanent, I just wanted to advertise that site and thought I would use the space as there was zero interest in the image project.

It will be used to showcase new tutorials in the future.

[QUOTE=deker]I didn't even know there was a free image gallery that I could upload pictures to on the site since the only mention of it is a 1 sentence blurb on the news section. When I did find the gallery, it isn't even finished, none of the graphics on the top of the page load, and it is not easily apparent how/why to upload my own images.[/QUOTE]

The gallery has been mentioned loads of times while we were developing the new template. I actually forgot about the other templates, I did not plan to customise those templates with the member gallery, seeing as they are not used by many people. The gallery does work in the default template however.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2006#172175 Report
hey axiom
whats shakin.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2006#172191 Report
*waves*
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2006#172192 Report
testing 123... testing 123...
:p
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2006#172194 Report
*starts singing a The Who song*
"...The good's gone... yeah the good's gone.."

I visit every day, I guess just like Derek and MSZ... but there never is something to post a reply on.

The homepage just isn't right... the top navigation doesn't stand out.
Rich, do you visit a lot of photoshop tutorial websites yourself?
I think if you would, you would see that most of them are pretty graphical.
We need graphics, or atleast a container that keeps the homepage together.
Right now, everything just floats around... and I really have trouble focusing on each of the boxes with content.

Maybe the reason why we get more hits is because you're marketing the website properly now? Before, there wasn't much marketing and still people kept visiting... people just knew of teamphotshop, it was part of the graphic scene in whole. The content is still there... but when I would look for tutorials and find a homepage like we have now, I wouldn't even want to look further...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2006#172201 Report
Paavo, pank, Ax, msz, zyco, Rodder, NL... dek (oops, almost missed him). Who else will pop their head in to say "We still miss having a place where everyone knows your 'nick'". I thought I'd get Paavo back sooner with the rumor I started about his being in jail...
;)

I personally have just been slammed. I started taking Industrial Design classes (at the age of 39) at Academy of Art University online. Suddenly 5 peeps want websites, graphics work, and photography, and at work, we're opening two new plants!

My theory is that the last election was what snarfed the wind from the sail of this community. All of the political assaults and arguments (by people that are now GONE) just sucked the life out of the fun that was the TPS forums. I don't think we ever recovered. Funny thing is, all the backbone of this forum is still mostly 'lurkin' around here aparently. I I.M. with Minse, Mihai, and Dek (cause they're the ones I have in my address book). I think I miss Paavo (in a non-homo-sexual kinda way) the most...

I'm glad the site is viable to keep this around. I believe the community part will rise again, like a Pheonix from the ashes. When we're ready.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2006#172202 Report
Hey, PANK! Can you donate a skin to us for this forum... and can we eliminate all the other ones in the pull down? Puhhhhlease! Huh, Bob?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2006#172205 Report
[QUOTE=malibu]Hey, PANK! Can you donate a skin to us for this forum... and can we eliminate all the other ones in the pull down? Puhhhhlease! Huh, Bob?[/QUOTE]

I offered one up a long time ago and nobody was interested.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 28th 2006#172208 Report
Dan, what do you use to IM? AIM or MSN? I'm on AIM more than MSN, since that is what the majority of my friends use. PM me some contact info, and we can talk too.

That is if you want to...:(
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum