TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Rules

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Apr 14th 2003#99816 Report
Rule number 1 is completely retarded...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2003#99819 Report
Then make a contribution to the forum to get your 25 posts, rather than making yourself look stupid and making no justification for your opinion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2003#99820 Report
I just signed up 2 days ago, a little difficult to get to 25 posts when I have very little time. Also to justify myself I just think that it is pretty lame to limit people from participating if they so desire. Maybe if there were a point to it I could argue against it, however I see none from where I stand. Also, the only reason I posted like I did is because it leaves as much justification as that rule does. Just think a little more and you would have noticed that... I don't mean to sound like an asshole but, the wars were the main reason I wanted to sign up for the forums to begin with. I enjoy helping people as much as I can, but to be quite honest I believe there are more tutorials out there on the web than there are posts in these forums. My point being that there isnt anything that anyone asks here that hasn't been answered elsewhere. Therefor eliminating the "meaningful posts" quote from the rules. Because for posts to be truely meaningful they would need to provide information not available elsewhere. Anyway that is my opinion and why I think it is "retarded" to limit the pixel wars to people with less than 25 posts. If I am still sounding like an idiot please tell me and I will tell you that it is my opinion. If you have a contradictory opinion or justification for the rule then let me know.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2003#99823 Report
hi!

First of all, welcome to the forums and thanks for taking the time to read the rules at first. That rule is there because we, mods, go through alot of time setting up those wars. For example: we have to find stockphotos, come up with themes, come up with other rules etc. etc. Since you are busy too, you have little time to get 25 posts, you will understand that this can be quite a problem.

We don't mind to do that at all! But the problem with people that just sign up to participate in a war is that 9 out of 10 they don't finish their war. This is something we experienced in over the year these pixelwars have been active. So when people have 25 posts we are sure they understand the forum a bit better and have a reason to keep coming back. Also... you don't have to make the 25 posts with posting help. Get your work critiqued or something... That way people will battle you sooner too.

advantages of the 25 posts rule:

• people will come back to the forum
  • members of the forum know who they battle
  • you know how stuff around here works
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2003#99830 Report
Your reply is most appreciated. However, I have participated in many photoshop wars before. Of course not here but on other forums. I have never experienced any problems such as you describe, however I do understand. I too moderate a few forums so I can also understand the fact that people will show up once and never return. I do wish though, that you would at least consider lowering the number of required posts at least. Especially seeing as though there are many photoshop/graphic forums out there that many people might just as well go to if they see that they are required to have 25 posts. I figure maybe 10-15 posts is a little more fair. Also, the rule stating that a meaningful post should be clarified a little better or at least stated differently so that it is not misconstrued as needing to help people and that maybe you could re-word it as "not including spam" or something to that degree. Again, I thank you for your professional and timely reply.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2003#99832 Report
Where does it say you have to have 25 posts in the help forums before you can participate? It says 25 meaningful posts. I don't see how that can be understood as having to help someone. There are a lot of other forum topics on this forum that aren't even related to photoshop that you could post about.

As for the explanation of why the rules exist, NL already covered it and I really don't think they need to be changed.

I've personally set up a lot of pixel wars when they first started and got burned out pretty quickly because of people not finishing them, getting to busy, etc. If we make people invest a little more time in the forum before we allow them to participate, then the percentage of wars that are completed seems to be better.

Also, since we go to the trouble to setup the wars, it's nice for the new people involved to make a contribution to the forum before we use our time setting up a war for them. Whether that be answering/asking a question about photoshop, critiqueing a web page, whatever.

If you don't have enough time to make 25 posts, how are you going to put any reasonable time or effort into a pixel war? Putting together a decent graphical piece is going to take much longer than making 25 posts, and if you are really that short on time, I think it further justifies why we have the rule.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2003#99833 Report
Fine... statement retracted... however what "trouble" are you talking about?? And if you are having people back out on your wars, you are picking the wrong people to battle and that is your fault. Speaking of decent graphical peices, it doesn't take much time to come up with one. Especially in a war when half of the work is already done for you. Besides, if you know photoshop, you can duplicate any process you have ever gone through in a matter of seconds. So what are you talking about when you say "trouble" or "time"? Neither of those are required for a pixel war...
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2003#99835 Report
^ Great example of a pointless, "non-meaningful" post.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2003#99837 Report
Besides, I was quite content with NLs responce. I just thought I would recommend something...It is my opinion and it is just that. However you didn't need to reply to my post, it was rhetorical statement. I really didn't want a reply, just someone to think about what I said.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 14th 2003#99838 Report
How am I an ass? I didn't attack you personally in anyway, and I certainly didn't call you names. But thanks for demonstrating to everyone else why we have and enforce this rule.

I think you would really fit in better at another forum that doesn't care about the quality of posts made in its forums. There are plenty of them out there. I'm sure you'll stumble across them soon enough.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum