TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Old Service Station

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Jul 9th 2004#155236 Report
Man, that looks really good rodder, I do agree with you on the sidewalk though... i think it did look better with the grass right up against the building, but none the less its still amazing ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2004#155295 Report
Update 7/10

hmm. New building (very similar though). The garage door is set back farther.....to give some nice depth. Windows/doors changed & widened.

Im not sure i like BOTH windows though. I may just edit the right and leave the one on the left (it'll only take 3 seconds......not a big sacrifice).

Also i redid my "quick paint" to match the new building. Gotta see how well it works.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 10th 2004#155330 Report
This thing looks really good rodder. I love the progress and its getting better and better every time. I dont see anything that doesnt look good :p... awesome work man :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 11th 2004#155336 Report
yay and you put the round thinghy on top of the pump It's really awesome.
There a couple of things I think would really help with the composition. The fact that there's a drain pipe and really green trees and green grass and a somewhat dark(ish) blue sky tells me there should be green mouldy goo stuff on the walls and concrete and really really rusty metal on the truck and pump - like - holes in the material....that's what happens in a moist climate. Yet - the way the building and pump and concrete look now - they would be more at home in a really dry climate - like a desert ..somewhere really dry because the walls look baked more than washed away. I dunno - it's just the impression I get. I guess it's just up to the textures in the end...but I think it helps if you think of the location first.
and there's one more thing - the age of the truck and shape of the pump tell me you need to make the platform on which the pump is sitting have some round corners. It's just too square
oh - and the drain pipe is usually found on the back of buildings... or at least to the side - no sense in having it up front - it's going to spray dirty water on the pants of guys coming in to claim their cars

I really love this thing - I can't wait to see it finished.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 18th 2004#155878 Report
Well im not dead....and the real shocker.....i havent given up!!

Ive finally kinda decided on the route i want to take this. Im going for something similar to old car paintings, where there's usually a barn/station (station in my case) w/ cars all over.....and the image is (and here's the important part) "slightly aged". I want it to be old, yet still retain the beauty of the cars...almost as if it "could" be functional today. I dont really want to go the "abandoned/ruins" look.

Im planning (we'll see how it goes) to move the camera farther back.....and make the flat land a hill (the station will be on the top of the hill, a car or 2 on the side of/rolling down the hill). Also The 2 windows on the station will become 1 instead (still large though...a little shorter and a lot wider on the right)

And here's the reason the this half of the project has come to a hault:

http://www.shiftstate.com/Projects/37ford_718.jpg

I mentioned 57 chevy as a second car......but instead im going with a 37 Ford that will have a rusty-race car look. Also im taking this car a little more serious than the truck (it'll be closer to the camera) and im hoping to make 2 projects out of 1 (a finished hot rod, and then an old gas station featuring the aged hot rod).

Still a BIG WIP. This project has snowballed from a small idea into a monster. Hopefully in a couple weeks i can finish.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 21st 2004#156185 Report
Wow... thats really amazing man. There is going to be a BUNCH of detail in this final render.... even thoug this project has probably turned into more than you had originally thought, im sure theres going to be an even greater feeling of acomplishment once you have it finished.

And it looks really really great man. I love it :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 22nd 2004#156231 Report
Wish I could do 3D work... guys like you and cybling are crazy talented!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 1st 2004#157214 Report
Great Job!! I would like to learn how to do that someday!! Keep up the great work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum