TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Old Service Station

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Jul 6th 2004#155030 Report
http://www.shiftstate.com/Projects/quick_paint.jpg

i'll have to sleep on it i guess. I had a few minutes to waste so i did a quick paint of the scene (color + old fashion B&W) for some inspiration....and fun lol.

I like the susnset mood...and a low tree line...kinda makes it like out in the open rather than stuck between other buildings. Also a clear sky seems to put more emphasis on the compo...rather than more detail with clouds.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2004#155047 Report
that looks awesome. I like a lot the grainy look on the BW version...on the other hand I like a lot the colors on the other ...but one thing I'm certain of - that truck needs to be either cherry red - or blue That orange is really bad for it. The treeline looks extremely "fit"

more!!!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 7th 2004#155101 Report
wow, I just saw that. Looking great man and I mean it. I like the grainy look, but it might be too hard, anyway it's probably not your final version.

Can't wait for another update
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 8th 2004#155144 Report
Redid the Grass

The other grass looked too fake, wasn't thick enough and looked very sharp....like it'd cut you if you walked through it.

I think it looks pretty good. I sample colors from real photos and i ran around my front lawn earlier measuring the grass (i must have looked like an idiot lol).
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 8th 2004#155151 Report
More messing around in PS

Forgive the horrible quality. I think im going to scan the label off a coke bottle...then use it as an ad (like in the pic). im thinking about some writing on the front of the building....maybe an ad for motor oil or something.

I hate making decisions.....so i think pasting everything together like this is helping.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 8th 2004#155153 Report
that looks great The second one
uhh - the pump - isn't is supposed to have something extra? I have a feeling it's "unfinished" - not color wise or modelling wise..but - I thing there should be some more elements to it...I dunno I remember seeing something like that somewhere... I'll look for a link and show it to you when I find it... to see what I mean

Edit= Found it! - link

it's part of the Retropolis store - I really love those... - maybe if you put something on top of the pump too?

also I just realised the geography of your pic is a little improbable. I mean... gas stations are usually parallel with the road - the way your grass is it looks like your gas station is at the end of a one way road... not on the side of a road... how did the cars come and leave the station back when it still had clients?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 8th 2004#155157 Report
some pumps have more, some dont. But your right....it is unfinished. Its one of the many unfinished elements in my pic lol.

as to the geography....yeah it wouldnt work. You'd have to back up to the pump like a parking space..like perpendicular lol. I just cloned the hell out of the grass so i could see what it'd look like. In the final....im thinkin the grass will start at the left corner and curve off..... down and to the left a bit, so the driveway becomes a big curve.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2004#155212 Report
Rodder... I think that truck is awesome. I really love it. This entire scene is awesome man.... Its really coming along and Im like it more and more ever time you update it... great work dude. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2004#155231 Report
thanks. now for another update lol

Update 7/09

- More details on the gas pump
- Put the garage door back.....but curved it this time.
- drain pipe added (though im not sure i like it)
- added quick sidewalk (though i think having the overgrown grass up against the building is a better choice)
- moved the building back to accommodate the width of the truck between the pump the building

Im going to remodel the front window (door too maybe)... and probably make it larger more "business" like. A 57 chevy might be the next rusty body in the scene to replace where the truck would have been out back.....cause i think im going to keep it in the garage (and maybe have the garage door fall on it :D ). Also im working on the gas pump handle...thats really the only part missing.

um......thats all for now.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 9th 2004#155232 Report
Hey! Its looking great..the more detail the better, always works that way. I say keep modelling until you're really happy, then move on to texturing
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum