TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Old Service Station

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Jul 2nd 2004#154809 Report
Looks really good man, your making some really good progress on this sucker I like it...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2004#154943 Report
Update #4933

- Modeled tires ( i may model more[diff ones])
- Modeled an old truck body
- grass & weeds
- changed lighting (light yellow sun, purple fill light for the shadows, blue fill light (GI) for the sky)

Not sure about the placement of anything...or the weeds. Still a lot to do. The rectangle in the center is just a place holder for now. If i use it....it would be a large concrete slab....otherwise its just helping me define the grassy areas.

I may make another car body, or something lol.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2004#154946 Report
That is really, really nicly done. What are you using for the textures? I use Chilli skinner (for mapping out) and Texporter (for exporting the .BMP's) for mine, they work well. Also what version of 3DSM?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2004#154947 Report
it's coming along great you know what might be nice? if you hang a huge cola papercup with a straw to a side of the building - you know like they used to have in the old days.... oh oh - and a candy dispenser in front - the red kind with the clear plastic bubble top where you see the candy - and you put a coin and twist a lever and get a round ball of candy?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 4th 2004#154962 Report
Didn't you forget grandma smoking a pipe in her rocking chair mihai? ;)

Love the modelling - very clean

The texture really needs some depth given to it and even more grime etc...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2004#154968 Report
(just to help mihai out http://www.onlineathens.com/images/060903/bubblegum.jpg )

Looking great, I love it. :D Very clean and nice, keep going!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 5th 2004#154981 Report
Didn't you forget grandma smoking a pipe in her rocking chair mihai?

...and a barbershop red&white revolving pole hihi

(just to help mihai out http://www.onlineathens.com/images/060903/bubblegum.jpg )

naah - it has to be one that sits on a longer leg...I have one - I took a pic of in Malta...here goes

I think I had one with a papercup thinghy.,...but I can't find it anymore
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2004#155021 Report
Scene Update 7/06
Truck Update I suck at modeling cars, but i think it'll do for this project.

Question......whats a better placement for the truck???? I originally wanted it out back...kinda in the grass/field.......but i think in the garage the compo is a lot more interesting. Though i'll have to model some of the insides of the garage and make it run down and messy.

@ mad::matt - Im using Max4. and most of the scene im just using screen grab, painting it PS and then using a UVW to fit the bmp. I never get good results from textporter or unwrap...i try not to use them.

@thehermit - I agree about the textures. Im going to work on them a lot more soon.

@mihai/KinEtiK - interesting. it might be cool...maybe a gum dispenser right infront of the office door..though im not sure what it'd looked like aged? Modeling broken glass might be fun though.

@mihai - I was working on a cola thing earlier. Not the huge cup, but a big mural/ad on the left wall. Im not sure if i want an ad or not though...I guess that comes later when i finish modeling.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2004#155022 Report
I think outside the garage, jacked up on bits of old wood, with straw and debris and maybe a chicken or two roosting in it. Also dont forget to break up some of the clean lines of geometry and straight lines that you have now, nothing is ever straight.

Looking good though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 6th 2004#155024 Report
yeah I think if you put the truck outside you'll save yourself a lot of trouble in interior details...plus...it'll be more rusty on the outside allthough I have to admit that it's a more ballanced composition with the truck inside - it breaks a little the "blockiness" ...I dunno - maybe put the truck outside but leave the garage door open..? and make the interior really dark so it will spare you the agony of adding all the details inside...maybe just put some dirty rags and papers near the entrance.... and you could make the door mechanism broken and only have it rolled halfway up and with parts missing...- and you can have something drawn on it too - like graffitti or an add for motor oil...or something
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum