TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Flaming notepad - Defense of Dreamweaver

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Reply
Aug 30th 2001#14959 Report
Torn: your extolls about Charm reminds me about an ol' eastern parable about a karate master. Having mastered his art and mastered himself, he no longer has the need to walk down the center of the street exclaiming how great he is... rather, he humbly bows his head and crosses to the other side of the street so as to not draw attention to himself.

Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2001#15053 Report
I don't know the first thing about webdesign. But I'm in the process of finding a good place to learn HTML, JavaScript, and Flash. JavaScript will hopefully help me out with C++ in school (but that's another story). Anyway, I plan to learn all the above with structured lessons (book, online walkthroughs, classes.... Whatever) and would hate to have a program do it all for me. I didn't learn photoshop by downloading actions for everything I wanted to do. (actually, I've never downloaded an action). And that's the way I see programs like DW. (from the limited descriptions that I have) I'm not saying that I'll never use them. Once I have a solid grasp on the code I would be glad to just have to tweak a pre-coded piece.

I could ask what is the best way to learn HTML, JS, and Flash. But there's 2 pages of that.

Hope this debate continues!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2001#15084 Report
hello-

no, i won't be posting anything anytime soon. i have said in the past that if you want to discredit my opinions because of this, that is fine ... but i think you'll find it's good advice (and occasionally it's entertaining)

back on topic...
i am proud of my building-tables-by-hand skill ...and it drives the ladies crazy!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2001#15086 Report
i like that fact that i can sit in my office and make a webpage with notepad for free.

even better i can download a cool program like Arachnophilia for free to help me out.

last time i checked Dreamweaver sells for two thousand dollars.

i like the idea that a skilled coder can create webpages as good as anything out there for free with notepad.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2001#15119 Report
What Dreamweaver are you looking at. I just bought DW 4 at the student rate of $99. Two thousand?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2001#15122 Report
He was referring to the really advanced version of Dreamweaver that makes a complete web site at the press of 1 button. You just have a choice between trendy exploding polygons, pixellated, crappy 1995 era site with stock buttons and backgrounds, etc. It even writes content!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2001#15151 Report
actually, you don't even have to press the button anymore, it just happens.

how did i know someone was going to question my two thousand dollar comment! i could have bet money on it!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2001#15156 Report
Oh, stupid me! How dare I question such a knowledgable Forum member. Well, I like the sound of an instantaneous automatic web page builder. Do they make one that fills out bills and taxes?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2001#15165 Report
I'm looking for the web-developing software that goes and finds the clients for you, collects the up-front deposit, puts it into your checking account, designs the webpage and collects the balance!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2001#15199 Report
Dan...
That isn't software....thats my WIFE!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum