TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Need Input on My Site...(first time poster)

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Apr 9th 2002#40625 Report
http://www.anti-humanity.com/totapgirl.gif

Just meant i was going to try and spiffy if up a little bit. I just relaized i have to visit my mother after work today *shudders* So this is a quicky. I wouldn't really suggest having one big ass content box there but you get the idea.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2002#40638 Report
thanks!...okay I get the idea now...I will try to make it a little simpler with your type of design.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2002#40797 Report
iFrames screw up in Opera a lot. Like on the TeamPS page, it doesn't hide itself at the bottom. It just keeps on going down the page and covers up the rest of the text. And sometimes the little arrow controls don't work. But it's pretty weird... Sometimes it DOES hide the text on the iFrame... And sometimes the scroller DOES work... So i don't know what the difference is.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2002#40799 Report
First off... welcome to the forum, tapgirl!!!

Second off... man, y'all can go WAY off topic sometimes (you'll get used to it tapgirl). We have a nice area a little lower on the page where you guys (and gal) can discuss iframes if you want, lol...

TheDPQ: I may be mistaken, but I believe tapgirl was asking for a critique, not a "please can someone make a website for me". We do get plenty of those requests, but usually in the Misc Forum. I think you presume too much.

tapgirl: I think the new banner you made is a definate step in the right direction. I like it better than your current design. I'd be curious and could give a fuller critique if I saw where you wanted to go with the body/content area of the page. I personally like your banner w/ the "starburst" and would like to see where you go with it, and would like to see how you carry that feel through the rest of the page.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2002#40807 Report
I may be mistaken, but I believe tapgirl was asking for a critique

Ohmygod. really? *slaps forehead* How ever did i miss that. I mean its not like i actually did a critque or something, silly me. And how could do, taking HER image that SHE created and just moving things around and adding a navigation to demonstrate my point i make in my CRITQUE.

I did not create her a webpage. I took her image, and the basic concept she had on her website already and gave her an idea of what i was talking about. I didn't say 'here this is your website' i was giving her an idea. Thus why i said 'you get the idea'

Shes happy. why get in my face? god, people.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2002#40872 Report
DPQ: You asked, so I'm going to falsely assume you want a reply...
why get in my face?

Okay, first off, I find your attitude offensive and rude. You seem to want to hide behind the whole "biiiaaaatch" persona, but I find it immature and ineffective in communicating anything meaningful. The purpose of a critique is, I believe, two-fold. One, it helps the person you are critiquing to grow as a designer, and Two, it helps you to grow as a designer. The first time I read your critique, I didn't see anything positive, only negative. A critique should FIRST and foremost point out the positive, then offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism, and then close with positive. If you don't include sincere positive comments in your analysis, then it's not a critique, it's only CRITICISM; which more often then not will fall on deaf ears. Hence, you fail in an attempt at a 'critique' because neither you nor the other person grow from the experience.

On second (and third) reading of your criticism, I did find one small glimmer of positive comment at the bottom of your post, however it was weak and frankly sounded insincere--I missed it the first time because I was having a hard time stomaching your 'attitudeness'. You use words like "I know you are new" = condescending; "cheesy", "useless crap", "ruin a design", "lack of any real design", = useless crap.

The one glimmer of hope I see is your comments about "Continuity is one of the keys to good design". And while I think that's a little narrow minded, as a general idea it's a good place to start, realizing that sometimes it good to break the rules, as long as your target audience is at the front of your focus. Follow the rules all the time and a design gets boring.

I could be wrong, it's just my opinion.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2002#40875 Report
Oh.. here we go again

*Opens up winamp and plays Jadakiss's Here We Go Again, feat DMX

Oh, ya.. Welcome to TeamPS
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2002#40898 Report
oh geez...what did I start....

Well if anyone is interested....here is the beginnings of my new layout...I had to make the graphic long in width just in case those people with 14 incher screens came to my site. Is there anyway that I can make it so it automatically adjusts?

Oh, and malibu...thanks for welcoming me
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2002#40900 Report
*roll eyes* don't we get tired of ragging on the DPQ? Fine,don't like me. I'll burst into tears nightly for it. But you cause SO much more trouble following me around and being snide.

A critique should FIRST and foremost point out the positive, then offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism

Ok, good. Thats your opinion. I, however, feel that while everyone else is nodding their heads on what a good design that it is i move on, skipping what they already KNOW to be good and move right to what i feel (ya know, my opinion) is to be bad. Funny, what you hate so much is the exact reason why people were bugging me to come back.

I might be rough around the edges in my critques but i ALWAYS explain why someones bothers me or why it makes me want to slash out my eyes just so i don't have to see that design again. I have NEVER said something bad about a website w/o first explaining why and possible how they can fix it.

God now you are even nitpicking my advice? do you even READ my postS? Or do you go around looking for anything that bothers you and jumping on it? GET OVER YOUR SELF.
once you start getting better you can start breaking the 'rules'

Seems like damn good advice to me don't you think? you don't tell someone new to ignore design rules, they need to realize the power of things being the same before they can, through experience, decide what can be different.

If tapgirl doesn't find my advice helpful she can ignore it. I didn't see ANY reason for you to be a jerk and try and cause trouble.
Reply with Quote Reply
Apr 9th 2002#40901 Report
Nah nah your fault Tapgirl. Some people seem to think because i cause trouble with my words its ok for them to harrass me for things when i'm even being helpful. I DID cause alot of trouble before. But its nothing that other people didn't get into willingly themselves. Psh people.

Looks great. Yes you can. When you create the page itself you can have the background repeating to the edge, always, so matter what their screen resolution is set at it will be all the way across.

Just be sure to make everything (navigation and whatnot) no longer then, say, 750. 780 at most.

Good job. i'll nitpick it later and give you some suggestions. I gotta run to work!! hehe
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum