TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Decline Designs v3.0 - ok design?

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jan 20th 2002#27700 Report
haha, i dont know if "music menu------>" was meant to be a joke or not, but still nice touch. i think the frame works pretty well, and while still many people wouldnt use the music, if thats what you want to do, i think thats the best way to go about it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 20th 2002#27703 Report
yeah, I think ppl should fint the menu now :D
Well, The music is for the guys who like it, but it helps on the atmosphere on the design...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27774 Report
Well any comments on the design & contents ??
Please give me tips!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27775 Report
What I like:

- the gfx are fine
- that I had turned of music before it was downloaded =)
- menus are pretty cool
- well organized

What I dislike:

- layer scrolling with mouse-over suxx
- ever seen this site with mozilla o.e. =)
- proling around with your awards...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27778 Report
Ugh... I just looked at your site in IE from work. I didn't realize you use a chromeless pop-up window before. Thankfully Opera doesn't allow you to do that.

You really need to take a step back and think about why you are doing a site, and who you are making it for. Is it just for you to look at and entertain yourself? Because you are really going out of your way to chase everyone else away. Your site is completely incompatible with any other browser than the one you most likely use. You're forcing people to download a 400k music file, you take away all of their standard navigation aids by using a chromeless window, even if the site does by chance render correctly in a non-IE browser, the scroller script doesn't work so you can't even see your content, even if the scroller script does work, people can only scroll at the speed you choose, rather than being able to drag the little elevator box like in a standard scrollbar... etc etc. Stop doing things just because they are trendy or cool, and actually think about what happens when you use stuff like that. You're going to have to learn sooner or later that you have to give up some control in web design in order for people to be able to even view your site. Hopefully getting your content out to people is more important than using a trendy scroller script or chromeless pop-up window. Especially if you are hoping to attract clients and get paid for doing this stuff.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27785 Report
I was going to yell at you about the chrome-less window and the 1meg sound file and all that stuff, but deker has beaten me to it. darn him to heck.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27790 Report
i've seen that site somewhere else.
I'm tryin' to find it as we speak.

Maybe you're only inspired by that site or maybe i'm mistaking and the sites don't look much alike.

either way, i'm tryin' to find that other site...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2002#27792 Report
NL, I think I what site you mean ;)
Well I have NOT hacked that site, I just made this design when I saw that design. I thought it was so cool, I tried to make something that looked ALMOST as that. Almost a year ago since I made it, but I still like it. You can see I have made it in the same style, but I have made other shapes, and added some stuff I made by my own. (So I made the whole design by my own, no hacks...)

The reason why I use the scolls is because it easiest. When I make a design I make it in 800x600 psd file, and then just use the whole image or cut it into two pieces. If I used the normal scrolls I would have to cut up the design in many parts, get them 100% where they should be and so on...

And about the chrome-less windows: If you read the text on the splash page, there is a link where you can view my site WITHOUT chrome-less windows! This is for users who dont have a browser that works with the chrome-less windows, or just wants to view the site in normal mode!

And axion, the music is NOT 1meg, it's about 300kb! That should not be too much,even for the modem users. And you dont HAVE TO listen to the music!

well, well anything more?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2002#27925 Report
first of all, I would like to talk about the music, it sux, music on sites always sux... when I'm listening to my mp3's and some music emerges from a site I open, I kill that site and never visit it again, even if it's good music... I still hate it...

and about those damn scrollers, get rid of them, I have a scroll mouse and I want to use it...

I don't like your splash, I expect some freaky horor site to open when I see it

now for the positive comments which you like so much....
- grafx or ok, but not great... some seem to be a bit blurry

well that's it I guess... no offense though :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 22nd 2002#27939 Report
if you keep clicking on the home button, the music frame keep reloading and playing multiple copies of the same music... could be a messy problem for a client should they be use to double clicking, ehe..
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum