TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Antistatik gets a new layout...sorta

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Aug 20th 2001#13846 Report
Czak,

They have typography books at libraries!? Crap! And I've been wasting all this money on buying books.... Hold on a second, I have to go get a library card...

Ok. Yeah, I guess it was a different school system or teacher. Because I was always asked to doublespace. Ah well.

I really like the fact that you actually went out and got a typography book. Very cool. Shows you are actually open minded and still willing to learn. And so am I. I fully understand where you are coming from now, and I can agree about the white. Kinda like the forum here, no pure whites, just light shades of grey? I like it. Good call, guy.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2001#13863 Report
OK... here is my opinion. I personally don't like it. Its too plain for me. You all say you like the simplicicty of it, but I like webpages that make me sit there and look at all of the wounderful graphics... There are only a few webpages that actually give me chills down my spine because of how completely awesome they actually are, those websites are usually made with flash. Personally I REALLY enjoy flash. Its like you are watching a movie or something and you get to enteract with the site...

Anyways... About your site. The things I dont like about it is:

1) The text - I really do not like the text you choose at all. Sorry its to boring and I doesnt make me want to read what you have to say.

2) The colors - The colors are too bright and annoy

3) The big white margin at the bottom with the text. It is truely distracting... Its to freaking big that I just stare at that big huge white margin.

4) The Logo - Its so huge and in your face... and the colors are annoying

Ok well I think that all I have to say...

Thats Just My Opinion
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 21st 2001#13982 Report
For Your Information, here is what I found on the topic Deker and Czak:

I was reading about Typo on Adobe this morning, and here is what they said:
[list=1]
Long lines of text are hard to read. Generally, a line should have 55 to 60 characters, or 9 to 10 words. Try multiple columns or, if you are stuck with a long line length, increase the leading slightly to make it easier for the eye to move from line to line.

White space on the page makes your document cleaner and easier to read. [/list=1]

2 main points. Just for the record.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum