TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Antistatik gets a new layout...sorta

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13635 Report
http://antistatik.oesm.org/

Just something I am playing with. I like simplicity. Many agree with me that simplicity is best when your content is what you want to show off. My site is going to become more or less a place for my journal.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13637 Report
hey, kool idea. Not sure how much I like it, but I kinda think its intersting. I dunno, I got nothin to say really. :P
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13640 Report
well, if you ask me, it's the most creative design I have come up with yet. I paid special attention to typo as well as colors fitting with each other.

To me, the colors fit with each other perfectly. To the trained eye, it probably looks like ass, but I am satisfied with it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13641 Report
I really do like the simplicity of it. Good job!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13648 Report
Some real good simplicity, like the colours man, they look cool.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13653 Report
Thanks for the comments. I really appreciate it.

I have some comments of my own. The person this is directed at will probably be offended. He/She may retaliate with unkind words of his own. But know this. What I am about to say is constructive critisism.

PS6User - It is my opinion that since you have been posting on this forum, you have been following the pack. Every reply you make in the 'showcase' sections of the forum has no validation what-so-ever.

Why do I say this?

Well, basically, every post you make is on the lines of "Some real good simplicity, like the colours man, they look cool." Never once have I seen you reply and dislike something. I personally do not believe that it is possible for someone to like anything and everything that everyone does or says, especially on the internet.

What do I think is the issue?

I think you are afraid that we won't like you if you don't like our stuff. There is one thing that matters to most of the frequent visitors of this forum. That one thing is that you at least show some effort. I have seen you on numerous posting work that makes my retina's bleed, but the fact is that you are trying to get better. That is what matters.

But that doesn't count for everything. While you are trying hard to improve and build upon your skills, you have fallen in line with others and basically regurgitating what someone else has already posted. You have become a follower.

What I would like to see from you.

I want to see you make your opinion known. Don't be afraid that we are going to bite you if you don't like our work. Don't worry that if your comments aren't what we want to hear, we will be angry at you. People like that are children and are unworthy of your time.

Please, comment on the work itself. If you don't know the words to say what you want to say, put it in your own words. But please, don't pretend to like everything so that you will be in everyone's good graces.

If this offends you, I apologize once again. It is meant as instructional advice, take it anyway you want, but it is my opinion.

***The above is my opinion. Not the opinion of anyone else on this forum. If someone agrees with me, great, but I am not looking for, nor do I need backup. PS6User, and the others who post comments about work like him may infact be the nicest people on the planet and indeed like everything about everything, but I don't and I felt the need to voice my opinion. If this post results in my being banned from this forum and the post being deleted, I say "farewell".

Axiom
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13661 Report
as far as the site goes, I think it looks nice, but it's too bright for my eyes. Maybe that's just me, but it gets annoying to my eyes to constantly return to that bright neon yellow-green. And the drop down lists aren't clear on their purpose. I thought they were the navigation system for the site, when they're really just links. Is there a reason to have all your links right there at the top all the time? Isn't that an invitation to leave? That's just my thoughts on it.

Axiom - I see nothing wrong with what you have to say, but did you have to mention a name? I don't think he's the only one "following the herd". So maybe he's one of them, but you could have just said that you've noticed some people post non-constructive posts, not really offering criticism in fear of being rejected. That's a personal problem for many people that want to be accepted, but I don't think it's necessary to embarrass anyone over it publicly. Once again I agree with what you have to say but I think it would be nice to remove the specific name, just because it's not needed and not helpful to them to mention them specifically at a place where at least 50 people might see it.

You worded your reply very well I thought, it was respectful and with their interests in mind, I know that. But you still don't have to mention a name. And by the way, I've seen at least a couple occasions where that particular person DID say what they didn't like.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13663 Report
looks kinda funky. nice :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13666 Report
I see nothing wrong with what you have to say, but did you have to mention a name?

Sure. I could have been ambiguous about it. I know you are knew here. Eventually you will figure out that I don't do that. I tell it like I see it, no holds barred.

As for others doing it. Yep you are right. I am hoping that by confronting just this one person about it, it will convince the others to do so as well.

Like I said, if you dont like any of my stuff or someone else, that's great, it shows individual taste. But you need meat to the statement. You need to have a reason to not like it. Something about the text, the colors, the image. Something has to spur you to say nothing fits.

It's the exact same way if you do like it. Tell me what you like about it. If I wanted people to tell me it's pretty and that they like it, I would show it to my family. But I asked for comments. I want you to tell me why you like it. What makes it work for you.

Just saying "i like it, there's much simplicity in it. good colors" doesn't tell me anything. I want to know how it makes you feel. Now, there really isn't any 'feeling' to the image there. It's just a trendy little design i made up in about an hour. But you have to have some type of feeling about the site, like it or not.

Please, tell me why you like it. Give us something to talk about. These showoff threads shouldn't just die. You, me, everyone should be using these as tools to help develop our sites into masterpeices.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2001#13728 Report
The site has progressed quite a bit from the time I visited it first. For example it has gained a Site Nav. bar. I'm interested to see the areas grow, but so far it's good for a new incarnation.

I do like the idea of having the links right there. Because when I'm looking for something in particular on a site and can't find it, I go right to the links page too see where it's gonna lead me. Who cares if it's an "an invitation to leave". You're not selling anything (that I know of) so why not send the visitor somewhere esle visually stimulating.

As for the colour scheme, I like the Idea of a simple black/colour, but I personally don't like the shade of green.

As for the Subject Line of this post, I agree with Axiom. Please be honest about work posted. When I post it's because I want people too see my work and comment on it. If I didn't want comments I'd sit in a dark room alone with no internet connection quietly working to my own satisfaction. But that's not why any of us choose to put our time and effort into our art. It's because we want people to see it, comment on it, and react to it.

Thank you for your time.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum