TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

kranestyle 2

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
May 26th 2004#151544 Report
No, Pank sells those graphics for the very reason to be used again by the customer for their private or commercial use (not to re-sale, but to use as a part of their business). Using someones music without their consent would be like stealing Panks skins and using them. You bought the music to listen to in your stereo system, but you did not pay to broadcast to others on your own website. It's become part of your entity, which is different from you blasting it on your car stereo or something so others can hear it.

Do you own your own copies of Photoshop and Flash? Judging by the "well, until some law official comes by..." attitude, I am guessing not. If you do own your software, maybe you can appreciate this a bit more. What happens if some official audits you on how you created your site? Do you just take it down and say "no harm no foul"? Also, if someone posted a rip of your site on here, I guarantee you would try and hunt them down so they did not use your hard work as your own. Yes some musicians are rich and they can survive, but so what? Hard work is hard work.

On a side note. I do not like flash sites either, but you graphic work has improved at a very impressive rate. I was thinking about that earlier yesterday at the level of commitment you must have to improve. It's great. Fix the fonts (big time) and work on a few of the things Chris mentioned and you have a winner.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2004#151549 Report
Pank is licensing the skins for use, that's what the terms of service or whatever state. Putting the music on your site is more like if you 100% ripped the front page of TeamPS.

Or if you paid for Photoshop, and then "shared" it with your friends. The photoshop license says it's only for you. So does the license you have for music. You don't actually "own" the music, you own the piece of plastic it comes on, but not the actual music.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2004#151552 Report
great job on the grpahic side ofthings and the door effect. - sweet

cheers
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2004#151779 Report
i think hedgehogs walk funny.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 29th 2004#151790 Report
[QUOTE=emptyspace]i think hedgehogs walk funny.[/QUOTE]
:confused:
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 3rd 2004#152346 Report
I must say, this was pure awesome. I love flash sites, and yours one of the better Ive seen!
I just loved how the lights went on and door opened
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum