TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

kranestyle 2

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
May 26th 2004#151501 Report
[QUOTE=deker]

I don't mean to tear your hard work apart, I just hate Flash sites 99% of the time, for mostly the same reasons. But I guess if you are going for the whole "OMG your site is leet like 2advanced" look, then you succeeded.
[/QUOTE]

Got the same feeling as Deker...
I think pretty much all has been said allready.
Text is a bit hard to read...the loading time is pretty long.

The thing I like most of this site is that you can actually see how much work you have put in to it.
This isn't one of those hey I want to make a new site, version 130232030 and I will do it in one day kind of site.

2 more things... I think the "outside graphics" could have a bit more change...
You have changed it a bit on the left and the right side...but you can still see it's the same thing copy pasted.

would it be possible that the doors that closes would actually close a different way on the different links?
It just gets a bit boring after you have seen it maybe 2 times.

I love the 3d people, those are a big thumbs up from me!

One more question... About the music...I don't know the bands from 1 and 3 ...but the second one says prodigy...Isn't there a copyright on that song...?
I mean is it legal to play others songs your site?

*gives krane a hug and remembers the good old times....thinks back about a year...Damn dude you have have learned alot this past year*
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2004#151511 Report
Honestly I dont see anything wrong with the site, flash, or sounds.... even with having too much red, it's a great site. Why dont you like Flash sites, deker?

Endat
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2004#151515 Report
Only thing I'd like to say is, I too am usually not so keen on noisy sites. But that deep bass sound you use for the link that goes to the "Drums 'n Bass" article, keep that. That rocks. That sounds awesome on the Klipschs. :D

But the higher pitched sounds, like when you mouse-over the links in the top menu, eh, I could do without them. Or if they were deeper they might be better. That's just my personal taste though.

There is one more thing I would like to see there.... probably everyone is gonna think I'm a dork for suggesting this, :p, but I love easter eggs. I think you should have just a single screw or rivet or something like that be a hidden link to something cool. Doesn't have to be any big deal, just a cool image or message or something. Just something that'll make that 1% of the visitors that find it feel special. Or have it link to a message telling them what dweebs they are for even looking for easter eggs on your site. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2004#151521 Report
:| brilliant krane....
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2004#151524 Report
There have been huge threads on why I and others hate Flash sites, Endat, just try searching around a little.

Basically it's because they are slow, you can't bookmark a page, you can't send a link to a specific part of the page to anyone (not true of all sites, but it is for Krane's site), you can't print them, you can't copy/paste the text (again, on Krane's site. You can on some others), search engines can't see them, you can't search them, you can't resize the text, and on and on.

Pretty much they are useless most of the time in my opinion. The content on Krane's site could fit on a Post-It note and could fit into an xHTML/CSS page weighing in at about 30kb total. Instead it's a couple of megabytes, just so we can listen to some sounds and watch the same animation over and over again.

Again no offense to Krane... Just my general opinion on Flash sites.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2004#151525 Report
When you are in the work part and have picked a section, you have to click "close" to get back to main work menu. It would be easier if clicking the work button again would do the same, now it doesn't do anything and you had me searching for some time

Nice site though, however I agree with the people saying the sound is a bit to much.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2004#151526 Report
i'm gonna be honest on all aspects with you, hope that's cool. if not skip this post

visually it does look really good, outstanding texture work. change the splash page tho, it screams 2advanced i've got a 1 pixel down 1 pixel right shift of the flash movie here (win2k, ie6) and the grays in your movie and the html background don't quite match up color-wise. the smoke effects are killer, i'm curious how you did that.

the load is just SILLY, 1.25mb is ridiculous for anything imo. you can achieve the exact same site with reasonable load times by implementing separeately loaded movies for each section (like you did for the different guys in the team section), break it up more and the site will be immensely more usable. those team movies seem huge for what you get on the little rotating guy btw. on the transitions i'd do a bit more work on the edges of your metal panels, give them a stronger bevel/more robotic/mechanical edge, having them simply squarely cropped kinda ruins the 3d effect.

lose the open button on the honors section, its a pointless extra click. give me a one-click e-mail link at the bottom of the page somewhere if i don't want to deal with the form. no speakers here at work so i'll check "no comment" on the sound effects.

overall, for your first full flash site, this is outstanding work, really nice job. now get into the details of how to make a site really functional and you'll be dangerous ;)

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2004#151528 Report
[QUOTE=3jorn]One more question... About the music...I don't know the bands from 1 and 3 ...but the second one says prodigy...Isn't there a copyright on that song...?
I mean is it legal to play others songs your site?

*gives krane a hug and remembers the good old times....thinks back about a year...Damn dude you have have learned alot this past year*[/QUOTE]

since i own all that music i don't see why it would be illegal for me to have it as background music on my site. it's not like i'm letting people download it.

thanks for the hug 3jorn. i'm glad that you can remember my work when i first joined here and i also feel like i've learned allot. but, i think that it's just the beginning. next year will be a whole other adventure. ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2004#151532 Report
If you mean you purchased it (by "I own it"), then no you can't put it on your site. If you mean you wrote and created it, then no prob...

Music is no different than graphics. When you put something on a website, you are publishing/reproducing it. That's what copyright laws protect against. When you paid for the music (d/l or CD), you simply paid for the right to use it for your own enjoyment, not to reproduce it. You're breaking the law, you heathen.... give me 10 Hail Marys and put something extra in the offering plate.
Reply with Quote Reply
May 26th 2004#151540 Report
hm, lets see, so if someone was to purchase a forum skin from pank then could they not use his graphics for their forum legally then? well in any case, if some law officials show up at my door telling me to take those 3 tracks down or else i'll go to prison, that's when i'll take them down. but for now, i think they can stay ;).
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum