TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My first web site ever!

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Feb 18th 2004#142735 Report
[QUOTE=Nostalgia]The colors are incredibly harsh - even on this school's shared T1 it took quite awhile to load. It's brutal on the eye...

I recommend sticking with HTML for a bit to gain an eye for constructing a layout and content flow.

Nos.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=afguy91506] I would love to make a static site but I just dont have the know how. I dont know dreamweaver or any other html program just flash...[/QUOTE]

About the color like i said why would i change the color if thoughs are our color i mean i could maybe tone them down but i wouldnt change them.

Edit: I dont know why it is taking so long for ya'll to download it it takes but a few second on this computer and on my t1 at school the same thing... why is it faster for me then you???
AF
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 22nd 2004#143111 Report
1. flash intros are the devil.
2. think more about use of color. look at other sites.
3. downloads icon looks like something is actually not finished loading in that spot. potentially confusing. i wouldn't use that as an icon because it reminds people how slow internet downloads are!
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 23rd 2004#143269 Report
One thing nobody else mentioned, though it won't be an issue if you end up changing this:

Make it less obvious that you have to use a brush sometimes to draw things. Case in point, the arrow next to "Enter" in the flash intro. I see three distinct areas where you can clearly tell a brush was used. True, most people might not notice, but it should be easy enough to fix. Sorry I can't make any more comments, but it's 1 AM here and I'm tired.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 24th 2004#143356 Report
I know what your talking about that wasnt made with a brush... i had to remake that arrow in flash so I had to use the line tool then when I tried to take some parts off I couldnt get it right where I wanted it. It would gather to much of the line. so i just let it be.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143544 Report
well i dont use flash so cant help there but i thought the first thing they teach you in web design is stay as far away from red on black. Other than that i guess its ok. Im not that great so i wont say its bad, but keep workin on it till its great! It loaded rather fast for me and i only have cable. That button could be confusing charm is correct though i knew what it was. and intro can get annoying.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 25th 2004#143555 Report
... you "only have cable" ? Newsflash, cable is high speed. Think of the Dialup users.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143560 Report
[QUOTE=Nostalgia] ...even on this school's shared T1 it took quite awhile to load...

Nos.[/QUOTE]

cable moving faster then the T1?? you act as if I know nothing of what I'm talking about I said I dont know why it's moving faster for me when all I have is cable over their T1...and I wonder why that is... Never said anything about dailup I know they wont ever make it to my site even if their life depended on it....
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143566 Report
Like the rest mentioned, cut the flash, just use a static page. I finished reading all the posts here, and still the site hasn't load. Note that I'm on a 2.5Mbps connection here in school.

T1 - 1.544Mbps
Cable - Speed the cable company want to cap it on. Cable can be faster than T1.+

Anyways, the usage of flash on this particular site isn't really utilized properly. Make a screenshot of the site and use PS to cut it out and you have a static site that will load 50x faster. 2Advanced flash intensive site even load much faster than yours.

Consider the suggestions made. When you design a site, think of the possibilities. Resolution, page load, how the content will be displayed. First sight of the splash page, I lost interest. Mainly cause of the really bright colors.

As the title say, this may be the first site ever, but consider the value the suggestions made may bring for your future sites.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143579 Report
well hell, if it's school's t1, then it's a t1 line divided amongst 20 odd computers, so that tends to drag it a bit, i think.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 26th 2004#143610 Report
I just really need to learn dreamweaver when I learn it then I'll make a static site but untill then this is all I got...
But i'm sure if i get a better host it will make things much faster and wouldnt be a problem for even dailup users right??
AF
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum