TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

My first web site ever!

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Feb 16th 2004#142372 Report
Well it's moving along more and more everyday. I've enjoyed learning how to use flash it's great. This is my first web design ever. It's my bands web site (I'm the drummer). But anyways yeah so I see my problem being that I'm not good at all with layout and wording and how to place words. It's always been that way...
So be gentle :D
AF
Edit: If the site goes to a "this user has exceed it's data transfer.." sorry bout that just check it out later you know geocities...

SORRY!!! My bad kran... here it is www.geocities.com/lftyband
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2004#142379 Report
ya, so where's the site?
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2004#142389 Report
"The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer..."
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2004#142390 Report
Wow, work on reducing the size of the site a little bit. 4.1mb is pretty crazy for a web site. Only people on broadband are going to be able to see the site, and even then it takes way too long to load. You wouldn't go over your bandwidth limit so fast if you made it about 40k instead of 4.1mb. It would be a lot easier to work with that site in just plain ol' HTML than Flash.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2004#142416 Report
It's basic, but for your first website it's good.

Good luck for next
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 16th 2004#142426 Report
[QUOTE=deker]Wow, work on reducing the size of the site a little bit. 4.1mb is pretty crazy for a web site. Only people on broadband are going to be able to see the site, and even then it takes way too long to load. You wouldn't go over your bandwidth limit so fast if you made it about 40k instead of 4.1mb. It would be a lot easier to work with that site in just plain ol' HTML than Flash.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know thats one big problem I'm having. I would love to make a static site but I just dont have the know how. I dont know dreamweaver or any other html program just flash is there a way to make my .swf file smaller?
AF
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 17th 2004#142474 Report
There must be a way for you to do that. Tried it from my dialup...aborted the mission. The modemcommunity will not see your site, I can tell you that ;).

Tried it out from work aswell, I get there but it takes time. Inside I have no real comments flashwise..I do not have the knowhow of flash. But I would suggest, cinsidering my own taste, that you eased down on the black(red/blue a bit, it's to buzzy for me. Make a more suddle site colorwise. Go down in fontsize. Do something to put the text in, now it's just thrown on that black bg...And as said, flashwise, I do not know. It works doesn't it ;) so then it should be 'kay if you just compressed it somehow.

Patric.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 17th 2004#142555 Report
[QUOTE=Patteman]There must be a way for you to do that. Tried it from my dialup...aborted the mission. The modemcommunity will not see your site, I can tell you that ;).

Tried it out from work aswell, I get there but it takes time. Inside I have no real comments flashwise..I do not have the knowhow of flash. But I would suggest, cinsidering my own taste, that you eased down on the black(red/blue a bit, it's to buzzy for me. Make a more suddle site colorwise. Go down in fontsize. Do something to put the text in, now it's just thrown on that black bg...And as said, flashwise, I do not know. It works doesn't it ;) so then it should be 'kay if you just compressed it somehow.

Patric.[/QUOTE]

I sure hope so other wise i'm skrewed but the only reason it's all black,red,and blue is thoughs are our band colors... so if i tqake them away what do i do ya know?? i dont know what else i could base it on. i think it would look out of place with any other color like some yellows people would be like wtf?? i dont know and the font size is very large i agree but like i said before wording and placing words is not what i'm good at i have to have something to take up the whole screen or else it doesnt look right i need to just get someone to write more of it for me then i'll just place it on the page... but that takes time and as of now i have none lol. but i will get around to it some time...
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 17th 2004#142560 Report
under the Publish settings you can setup 'Image quality' -- check that
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 18th 2004#142694 Report
The colors are incredibly harsh - even on this school's shared T1 it took quite awhile to load. It's brutal on the eye...

I recommend sticking with HTML for a bit to gain an eye for constructing a layout and content flow.

Nos.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum