TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

tutorials.com

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jan 19th 2004#138347 Report
You lucky mofo, how did you get such great domains? That is awesome, your site will definatly go big.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138778 Report
Ok, here is my next idea...

I like it for the most part... Does it deviate too much from the standard Mac-looking web site though? Is that a bad thing? Should I try to make it as Apple as possible, or just do my own thing? I still think it's easily apparent what the site is about... It just has a more interesting color scheme.

I still really don't like the navbar on this one. Any ideas on how to make it more interesting? Maybe putting boxes around them and making them look more "buttony" or something.

Any ideas are appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138780 Report
Does it deviate too much from the standard Mac-looking web site though

yeah a bit due to the colors. The colors are very dark/warm where as apple has usually very vibrant/cooler colors.

Should I try to make it as Apple as possible, or just do my own thing?

I think "my own thing" is good, though i think it needs to be heavily influenced by the mac...meaning its good not to make your avg. "mac" site, but in the long run....your users will identify with a mac theme the most.

I do like the layout though, very simple easy shapes, very print like (which is good!).

my suggestions:

- tweak the colors...maybe brighten them. Also try either pulling back on the saturation (nice soft gray/brown) or upping the saturation for a orange kinda look. See where those take you.

- about the nav, i would move it up into the header (horizontal). The reason i suggest this is 1) the nav (on this site) would be the most important element so it would establish a kinda hierarchy for the layout, and 2) it would mimic the mac interface a bit which would add to the theme.

- though if you want the nav where it is now, i think just a simple rule in between the nav content would work fine. I dont think buttons/boxes would be necessary...i mean you already have icons and nice bold letters so anything more would start to clutter.

- also if you moved the nav....i would put the logo in its place either horizontal across the top of the page (left aligned) or even vertical might be interesting.

I dunno. just my wacky ideas :D . I like this better than the first though. Id keep working on this one!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138783 Report
ok..... i didnt notice that thing paavo... weird... i cant even find it now :S, you don't really see that sort of thing : the waht you'll need thing in tutorials much

Well, I did...It's the left side of the content box that is slightly off compared to the "banner"/logo area...It should be just a tad wider, the content box, that is ;)

Other than that I think it is great, the icons and the simplicity attracts me like hell.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 21st 2004#138793 Report
Yeah I know what you mean about the colors... Doesn't really look like an apple site except for the wording and stuff.

I didn't do a horizontal nav just because I didn't think I'd have room for the icons and everything to be side by side like that unless they were really small.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum