TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

tutorials.com

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jan 12th 2004#137483 Report
Rather than post a site when I'm finished like I normally do, this time I'm going to actually post the rough draft, so that I can get some input before I'm finished and don't want to work on it anymore.

So look at this rough draft and let me know if you have any ideas for it. Just keep in mind it is a rough draft... but you can tell where I'm going.

The focus is going to be completely on the content, and I'm going to use a lot of screenshots and stuff so I really don't want anything to distract from the content or the screenshots at all. The site will stay really minimal, no matter what. But there is quite a few little touches that I want to add that I haven't yet, so just let me know what you think at this point even though it isn't done.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 12th 2004#137491 Report
That's simple alright. :p

This hit my eye instantly, btw:

---

This is a layout that needs the content, before one can say if it's nice or not IMO.
Make a mockup tutorial or something and repost.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 12th 2004#137492 Report
There is a definite lack of Eye candy, but i dont see why this site should have any eye candy, after all most people who are using it will be looking to learn and not to see....

Secondly, i really like the avatars for the different tutorial sections.

Also, I think that your content box should be slightly larger unless you are looking to make that expand with content?

Otherwise, its a ncie site i look forward to seeing it develop
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 12th 2004#137494 Report
Yeah I should have added some content on the page... I'll repost it soon. I'm planning on adding the color for the site in the content itself rather than the site graphics. I'm going to have little colored boxes like "What you'll Need" etc, which should add some color and draw the eye to the content even more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 12th 2004#137497 Report
ok..... i didnt notice that thing paavo... weird... i cant even find it now :S, you don't really see that sort of thing : the waht you'll need thing in tutorials much
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 12th 2004#137500 Report
Are you saying I shouldn't put in the What You'll Need BOX????? OMG! Some of the tutorials will require other programs... And this site is going to be focused on the beginner, which isn't going to know anything about computers at all.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 12th 2004#137502 Report
Ok this doesn't make much of a difference, but I don't have time to do it the way I really want to yet. Still at work... But it helps a little...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 12th 2004#137504 Report
I like the logo a lot. Layout does lack a little eyecandy, may wanna try to make that better.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 13th 2004#137578 Report
I really think it has some great potential. But like everyone else said, it really needs some more eyecandy. It looks really good sofar. I like the colors and the kindof mac feel which is good for a tutorial site, mostly because thats pretty much what everyone wants to try and replicate it seems. :p

Nice work sofar though. Cant wait to see the final version...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 13th 2004#137598 Report
It does have the Mac feel, and since you say that this will be geared towards beginners to even the intermediate skill level, then I think that it's a good design element to make the site feel similar to the applications they will be working in.

The only thing I wonder is if you could take advantage of your space a little more. Your image is 800x600, yet you have some space on the left that you could use move your navigation over to, and expand your content area. Since it will be a tutorial site, you will need a multitude of images, which of course will take up significant space in your content area. I think making that as large as possible would be ideal.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum