TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Enormous Publications

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11650 Report
Well, I'm pretty new to computers in general, and to site building in particular, and I'm using PageMill 3, which most people seem to think is not very useful; the manual has about 2 sentences on style sheets, and they go right over my head. Oh well.

What site building program is considered the best right now, by you folks, if I may ask?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11660 Report
Most people will say Macromedia Dreamweaver or Adobe GoLive. Then you'll always have a few smart asses that will say notepad.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11672 Report
Dreamweaver is a real nice webpage builder. I also enjoy using Evrsoft's 1st Page (free)which I don't believe is being released anymore...so if you are interested in it give me a pm.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11673 Report
Yeah man i think dreamweaver. I am not to hot with HTML skills and stuff and dreamweaver makes it alot easier.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 4th 2001#11676 Report
Evrsoft rocks!

I have recently changed my (default) HTML text editor to "1st page 2000"

I really like this program...

While it does help you alot to know html...it also has tons of scripts and dhtml stuff thrown in... I have just been reall using it as a text editor...but I can see where it could be used for much much more.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2001#12036 Report
Notepad-- very amusing guys.

Thanks for the recommendations. I guess I lean towards GoLive, since most of my main programs are also Adobe; I'd feel just that much more comfortable working with an Adobe interface. Still, Dreamweaver is not ruled out. The truth is, I know precisely dick about either one of them, so I'm not in much of a position to judge. I'll see. For now, PageMill suits my level of expertise (very low) pretty well. I'm sure I'll be sick of it before too long.

Feel free to try and convince me, one way or the other, which professional program is the best.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 7th 2001#12039 Report

I've heard 1st page get high recommendations before, but have never downloaded it. Goin' to give it a try now!
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 14th 2001#13128 Report
?
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 15th 2001#13139 Report
Well I use both Dreamweaver and FrontPage every day. I use Dreamweaver Ultradev for new sites I'm developing in ASP, and I use FrontPage to edit existing sites because they all have FrontPage extensions installed. I'm sorry if I'm going over your head with some of this, so I guess I will say that if you are starting out, Dreamweaver is very powerful, yet easy to use. Although FrontPage is much more "user-friendly" for the low-end stuff, if you want to do more complicated or "fancy" things, it's going to take some work to dig in deep with FrontPage.

But if you are going to update your site frequently, then I would say FrontPage is a good investment, simply because you just "File--Open-->Web" then type in your username and password, and you are free to edit your site with a Windows Explorer-like feel.

But if you plan on doing any dHTML, then I would suggest Dreamweaver since most of it is automated and sitting right there for you to use, instead of spending hours hand-coding it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2001#13551 Report
Thanks for the input Matt.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum