TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Enormous Publications

Page: 1 2 3 4 Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10454 Report
Well, I don't know if this is the right place for this, but I'd like to invite anyone so inclined to take a look at my new site, and tell me what they think of it. Any design or technical advice would be appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10462 Report
Nice pics and all. But i think the design is a little to simple. But then again i diidnt not go fully into the site. I only looked at the front page. But nice pics.
Nice work just a bit to simple.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10492 Report
Simple is bad?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10496 Report
I think there is a good simple and a bad simple. One quick thing, there is no title on the page, and you don't really know what you are looking at. I mean it's obviously some kind of art site, but there is really no indication of what the page is called, or anything.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10498 Report
nah, simple isn't bad...
but the site could use some eyecandy... just something so it isn;t boring.

I do like the few pieces of artwork you have on there...did "you" do them all?

Anyway, I think what he was really trying to say is....

don't just serve that stuff up in a paper bag even though it serves the purpose and is all you really need....put it on a silver platter and let people it all pretty'd up...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 28th 2001#10514 Report
looks pretty nice. very original and the pics you did were nice. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10596 Report
Dekr,

The page title (the one that is saved when the page is bookmarked), is Enormous Publications. That title is also prominently displayed at the top of the page. So is the name of the comic that the site is (primarily) devoted to: Johnny Blister and Sweetie.

TUI,

I guess I could flash the page up a little, but I'm not going to do anything like that for its own sake. Also, the (front) page is about 40k right now, and loads nice and quick, even with a 28.8k modem. There's no real use in constructing an impressive home page that no one will ever see because it takes so long to load.

Mr. D,

Thanks for the favorable assessment.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10597 Report
i like your artwork but the design is not good. too boring. try to sort it all a bit and make it look like a whole layout related to what u want to present.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10621 Report
Decta,

Could you make more specific recommendations?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jul 29th 2001#10625 Report
I realize that you have the name of the site on the front page, but what if someone links in to just your artwork page? They will not necessarily see the front page first, at which point they don't know what the site is. Enormous Publications explains nothing. You could be publishing anything. And I rarely look at the title up in the blue bar to identify a page anyway. Just my opinion though.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum