TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

PolyrichMedia.com (WIP)

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Sep 6th 2003#120742 Report
its coming along
id suggest a touch of original photo or art somewhere to compinsate for the lack of imagery...

just a thought

otherwise, good start

cheers
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 6th 2003#120748 Report
Wow, I didn't realize it was that big. That brings up a good point though. I haven't really thought about optimization at all. Some feedback about load times and image size would be good. Thanks bogeyman.

heathrowe: I think what you are trying to say is to add some imagery and original art/photo in the design of the site itself, not as content? I wanted to keep the design very simple and clean so that all of the content stands out more and becomes the focus. I am considering a script that will allow a random banner to show up each time you visit which will allow for a little spice and variation.

Thanks for the comments.

Oh, by the way. I think I fixed the blue border problem. Could someone confirm for me that it is gone.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 6th 2003#120750 Report
yip just a touch - somewher/somehow - not exactly sure what though -- just to give it that little lift -- something thats u / the site -- and what i mean by that is, not just ne ole graphic..

cheers
heathrowe
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 6th 2003#120791 Report
Yep, the blue borders are outta there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 12th 2003#121569 Report
Hey!!
Great looking site. Maybe it's just me, but I think you can increase the fps on the flash site a bit more. When the menu slides in, it almost feels a bit chunky. Also, how about adding buttons to the image pop ups so that if we wanted to see the pictures, we wouldn't have to go click, close, click, close, click, close. Like putting left and right buttons beside the pictures would be better I think. One last thing, font usage. Youshould choose a crisper font if you're going for that small size. The long paragraphs and antialiased text is really hard on the eyes.
goodjob!
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 14th 2003#121878 Report
Thanks psychommunity0.

I think the flash bar just isn't cutting it and will have to go. I could mess around with it and make it better, but I won't. What I'd like to do is add one of those drop down menus when you roll over the main menu, a submenu drops down. If anyone knows of a tutorial for how to make one let me know. That way I will be able to fix the problem of having only one frame change when you click on the flash bar.

Funny you should mention the previous and next button thing. That was the first thing my parents said when they looked at it. I am in the process of making a window that will pop up containing a previous, next and close button, some information about the image you are looking at and a link to either a larger version or the corresponding movie clip.

Still working on the content. I have a lot of stuff to sort through. The modeling section should be completed this week with animation to follow shortly. Just wish I had more web space to work with.

Thanks for the feedback.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#124992 Report
I've spent the past month adding, fixing, and fine tuning things and I think I have it licked.

What do you think?
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#124998 Report
it looks very nice. It is a bit annoiyng that the site opens in a new window. I don't mind the color. Loading times are ok....
the models are very nice btw. kinda like clay models
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#125015 Report
Looking good, looking good.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 16th 2003#125031 Report
Just an idea, and this may just be the monitor I'm viewing it on, but some of you sample pics, even the more blown up ones, seemed reeeeeally jaggy

Also, the redish 'wash' over some of the thumbnails was a little confusing. I dunno if that was a rollover that didn't load all the way before I viewed it or what. It's not a huge thing, but its just a little...weird, I guess.

Anyhoo, I'm off to finally learn flash, so one day, I'll be worthwhile.

Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum