TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

New Pic I'm working on

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jun 21st 2001#6521 Report
Hey listen up, Ice Ice baby, I Absolutely positively did NOT just touch up a photo! You're showing how self concious you are of your own inadequecies as a photoshop artist. And you say you saw that dirtbike in a magazine, hot shot? Wow, I never knew that my OWN FRIGGIN DIRTBIKE EVER WAS IN A MAGAZINE. Maybe instead of just "tweaking" with photoshop for the last seven years you should have been seriously working with it, as I have been as a Marketing and Art director for an International Manufacturing company for the last 3 years (not to mention working with Photoshop for another 2 years before that.) Yes, I used reference. No SHI$#@. I wouldnt deny that. But I promise you that every single pixel was PAINTED using the airbrush tool in selections. I cant believe that you spend so much energy and time trying to disprove it. well I guess I can take it as a compliment. Just to make you look sorta like a fool, I'll send a picture of me on my dirtbike and a picture of the work I've done. I don't have layers, but I sent you close ups to prove it. Hope that helps, if not,well then, screw ya!....Although I guess I don't really need to prove it to anyone but myself, I'll send it. I can understand the questioning of it, but the insults? And by the way, the signature IS a drawing I did, dummy. You got a problem with Inner bevel?...Filters were made to make life easier, not for some kid to use as an excuse why his artwork is better.....

By the way, They're not gonna be laughing at Deker, they're gonna be laughing at you..

Sorry everyone for venting,

xr650lvr:mad:

http://www.geocities.com/xr650lvr/
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 21st 2001#6523 Report
Oh by the way, if you would like to see the drawing that I did and used in my Sig , go to :

http://www.xr650lvr.50megs.com

See ya,

jim
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6532 Report
How do you get everything so uniform? I've never been able to do that with the airbrush. Do you work at a higher resolution and then reduce it or something?

The rest of your work is really good too. I remember you doing that phone a while back, but didn't realize you were the same person.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6538 Report
Jim, I myself don't doubt for a minute those were done exactly like you said they were.

Ice Tech
Jim, has posted alot of stuff and it has all been good stuff.

I was doing this stuff long before mainstream was using photoshop, in 1987 I was even using an old analog machine to produce process color seps. (using filters on a camera)
Take it from someone who has been doing graphics for over a decade, those aren't tweeked photo's. there are simple too many improper perspectives in the images to think they are. (not that that is a bad thing, it makes the work all the more better...."original")

and a side note,
Making an impression is one thing, making your first few post directed toward discrediting a member of this forum is another.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6540 Report
Cool - posting those details has showed them!

I see you took my suggestion about the keeping some of the vectors in your finished piece - it looks good

What do you think about this ...

Having a real technical piece of illustration - which looks almost photographic (see above lol), whats the point of you are just repeating a photograph ? Thats why I think you should leave some way of identifying it as an artwork - ie vectors or construction lines - it helps to point out the technique and makes it more impressive!

Why don't you have a shot at doing a portrait or something - many people can do machinery and technical stuff (see Colin Smiths work at Photoshop cafe) but very ,very few have mastered the art of realistic skin tones in Photoshop.

You have a lot of patience and it would be good to see what you could come up with.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6543 Report
Oh and for Deker - the way to use the airbrush I think is to just dab it - just clicks with the mouse no dragging. Just build it up slowly at a very low opacity.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6547 Report

Did I doze off in the middle somewhere? Was someone trying to flame Jim? For shame... I mean I want to just out of shear jealousy, but I'm not that bold.

Would you mind doing a '01 Subaru WRX image, I'm sure it would look so good I could pretend I was driving it and my friends would think I really owned one.

;)

But seriously, how about doing a tutorial on airbrushing in PS, Jim, and put it on your site. I know I'd read it--twice!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6548 Report
for what its worth, i believe the guy who created the image.

even if it turns out he didn't, who cares! get over it!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6574 Report
Thanks guys!(and gals)!

The way I airbrushed it is I first decide which is the main color of the selection. then I fill the whole selection with that color (ex. red for the mud guards) then I spray the highlights usually with an opacity of about 5-10%. Real light and build it up. Sometimes (alot of times) I'll make additional selections inside. and then feather the selections a couple of pixels to get cool effects. Quick mask has become a great friend of mine. I used it on the fork guards to select all of the ridges,then feathered the selection and spray with a gray and Voila. It actually is not that time consuming as you might think. Used the same quick mask technique for the tire tread( Which I think I'll do over, I'm not totally happy with it) Another thing I use alot is Contract and Expand Selection. I use it alot to make highlights along the edges and stuff.
I'm a little self concious of showing the close-ups because you can see that it's not really as good as it could be.I'm happy with it over-all. As for doing faces, As you said,I do have difficulty with natural and biological renderings. You gave me a good incentive to try it! Thanks for the support. Really makes me feel good.

Thanks again,

Jim;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 22nd 2001#6576 Report
nm
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum