TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

What do you think of this redesign?

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6302 Report
I am redesigning this website: Badnitrus

All I have so far are a couple of logos and navigation work. Which logo is the best?:
Logo #1
Logo #2
Logo#3

Which navigation image is the best?:

Navigation #1
Navigation #2

If you don't like any of these and you have any better ideas let me know.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6303 Report
Are you limited to that black background and those colors? They're pretty boring and look really amateurish. From what you are working on so far, it looks like the site will be pretty much the same, except with a little tweak to the graphics. Try some more interesting colors if you can. Since the site is about rollercoasters, why not make the navigation a roller coaster? Have it wrap around the sides of the page or something. Maybe animated with little cars going along on the tracks or something. You could even write 'BadNitro' with the rails of the rollercoaster. Just some ideas.....
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6304 Report
Wow, saounds good. Got an example? Unfortunatly the background has to be black because all the rendered screen ahots on the site have a black background. I'll see what I can doo tho.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6306 Report
No I don't really have an example, but couldn't you get them to custom render a rollercoaster for use on their site? I mean it looks like they are pretty good at it, I'm sure they could set up some rails to say BadNitro across the top, then have random twists down one or both sides. Down the left side you could have the rails twist back on themselves like in my pitiful illustration below. On each of the twist-backs, you could have a navigation link, then when you mouseover, have a little railcar roll past the letters and spin them, as if they were on poles, and the wind made them turn. Or you could just have Links acrosse the top or something. I don't know. That would be a ton of work, but I think it would be cool. And really unique. You would also have a good idea of what the site is about just by looking at the design. The way it is now, I had to read a couple of paragraphs before I knew what it was for.

________
________)
(_______
________)
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6307 Report
Just gave out the idea but the owner is concerned of the space it will take up. They are only allowed a certain amount of space and bandwidth and they are at the limit already.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6309 Report
Sounds like they need a new host. It wouldn't be huge. If done right, you could get a decent looking navigation thing like that in maybe 50k. And that's being pretty generous, including some basic animations if you compressed it right.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6311 Report
I'm workin on gettin that rendering. I currently have a bacground of #99FF99 for area of logo. What kinfd of a logo should I put?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6313 Report
Deker:
Some really nice ideas there! That would look pretty unique. Usually,the default filesize I've seen is 20MB. If that isnt enough why dont you create 2 accounts (its free afterall right?) one for the pages top other for the images. You could link images right to the page they're supposed to be on...
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6314 Report
Create another account on what?
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 19th 2001#6316 Report
The host of the website.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum