TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Firefox 2

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Dec 18th 2006#175653 Report
Deker, as always you're the man! Wish I had this much knowledge about macs as you do. In regards to the issue of this freezing thing, the one thing you said that caught my attention is the "sleep mode".

I remember coming back and opening the top and that's when it wouldn't function, but I thought it was asleep or that the lid was closed all the way, even though I noticed a small gap a bit larger than before, so that could have been it.

I had read about the archive and install on another site but didn't try it. Then I did the disk utility to restore disk permissions, but all has been going well since then.

I have deleted a few apps as I purchased AppZapper, but that was a while ago and this "freeze" had never happened.

I've never encountered a Kernel Panic, and I hope not to, but if it happens, I think I'll know what to do. But when I woke up my Powerbook, it was just showing Photoshop, where I had left it, and the mouse pointer was moving, but that was it. I couldn't toggle my windows or anything like that, so now that I've read your post, I'm thinking it could have been the sleep mode that maybe threw it off.

This has only happened to me twice that I can remember since I really started digging into the mac, and it's been about a year, so I'm not sweating over it. But I'll keep an eye out for anything and see what happens. Other than that, everything is running smooth.

Thanks for your time Deker, and your posts, I get a lot out of them man, and your knowledge is priceless. Take care and I hope you're enjoying the Holidays.

Cheers!

P.S. When I have time later tonight I'm going to view all the links you posted as well and read through them.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2006#175670 Report
Damn! I got a kernel panic today as I was shutting down. Do I do the archive install to see if that'll fix it. I checked the log but I don't understand what it means really. Apparently I've had one Sep. 8 and today, Dec. 20th.

I'll have to research this thing to see what the heck is going on and what I need to do...
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2006#175674 Report
You can do the archive and install. I would do it as a last resort though. I'd try the other things listed in those articles first. But that's only 2 times since you've had the computer, so unless it starts doing it frequently I wouldn't be too worried about it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 20th 2006#175677 Report
Deker, thanks for the post man. I was actually looking through those articles before I shut down last night and then saw the "restart system" message, and I thought I was still on the forum or something because it was the exact picture you posted.

But I'm going to keep reading through the articles and make sure everything is good. I did a software update and there was a security update.

I'll keep reading the articles and hopefully in the meantime, things won't start acting up. Thanks again for your post Dek, we'll talk soon.

Cheers!
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum