TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

160 Down, 2 to go

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Oct 23rd 2005#171000 Report
i'm not worried yet ;) the sox pitching overall has been fantastic recently, neither starter was really too overly impressive last night though.

really about what i'd expect in a game 1 like this, we're playing in cold weather, team we've never seen, pitchers we've never seen, and on their home turf. pulling a win would've been a bit surprising, we did put some runs on the board but stranded runners at a few critical times. I think everyone will be a bit more calm tonight and we'll see a stronger stros performance, we also have one of the winningest pitchers in baseball playoff history on the mound for us

i'm saying Astros in six

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2005#171041 Report
holy lack of offense batman.

congrats pank, good series. frustrating to get swept when it was SO much closer than that, ah well...

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2005#171048 Report
Double Post...:rolleyes:
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2005#171049 Report
Good series. I think it'll go down as underrated. I feel bad for Houston, some tough breaks and the offense tanked at the worst time. It was entertaining for me though, but I also don't get to caught up in the traditional hype of baseball (NEEDING one of the big teams in the WS). I still say Lidge should have pitched out that LCS and got some of his mojo back, but in the end, it was not the pitchers fault (except maybe Estacio...strike that, Garner for not bringing in another starter). I'd say Houston will be in contention for the next few years, no question. They'll have Clemens money to play with (remember, they didn't WIN too many games with him) and they have a solid core.

One ESPN article mentioned the last 4 years of baseball (2001-2004) and that's the only reason this series didn't get the hype it deserved. Those last 4 years were amazing.

Good season, good job both teams.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2005#171053 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 27th 2005#171056 Report
[QUOTE=Fig]holy lack of offense batman.

congrats pank, good series. frustrating to get swept when it was SO much closer than that, ah well...

chris[/QUOTE]

I think that was a great series and you guys have a great team. Ozzie said it best when he said every game they won Houston could have easily won as well. It's true. Very good games. I'm a Cub's fan so I have to hate St. Louis and Houston ;) But (this is coming from a Cub's fan remember) I have to say I think this years Sox team is/was one of the best teams in recent history. They just all really played well and gelled together. It really was sort of like it was meant to be.

Next year, Cubbies take it all! And then of course the world ends ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 28th 2005#171059 Report
thanks guys. it really was a great series, if i hadn't been so emotionally invested in it it would've been fun to watch

a few random notes:

- Brandon Backe is the most underrated pitcher in major league baseball. (sidenot: if i were managing i would've let him hit in his spot in the 7th, even if he was being pulled next inning. seriously.)

- i only understood 3 words Guillen said all series, though his signal to bring in Jenks from the bullpen is one of the all-time best signs in baseball

- Willy Taveras should be Rookie of the Year...if Chris Burke isn't

- MLB has the right to say whether a roof should be open or not, but it's just plain WRONG to not say anything all year through the playoffs then decide to dictate it in Game 3 of the WS

so who knows which power hitting outfielders are free agents?

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 28th 2005#171060 Report
Andruw Jones???
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 31st 2005#171163 Report
the guy can definitely hit...and we'd never lose to the braves again either as he's ALWAYS the guy that beats us

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Nov 1st 2005#171216 Report
Hey, I think Sammy Sosa can be picked up for a few syringes and a bag of balls. :p
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum