TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

160 Down, 2 to go

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Oct 1st 2005#170674 Report
I resisted all season...

Boston/NY, 2 games, maybe even three if they split these. Cleveland still right in the hunt if they win this afternoon. It may be more hyped then the rest of the leauge combined, but the American League East is still one heck of a show.

Toronto = Inconsitant ALL year, but I still know that they will be a factor in a year or two. Koskie was a bad signing and I still think Delgado was better to keep then to get rid of, considering our payroll is getting upped huge for the next few years.

Houston = Fig, I think this is your team isn't it? The Rocket is an ass, but he is also just amazing. I hope they get in just to keep his Hall of Fame career rolling.

Cub fans, I know there were some here...well, welcome to my world of inconsistancy, although I shouldn't say a thing due to the amount of history involved with you guys.
:p
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 1st 2005#170677 Report
Yup, sure is, i was glued to the set last night as they lost the lead to the Cubs (ugh) in the 9th after taking it back inthe 8th with a 2-run shot by Berkman...insane. We're a game up on the Phillies for the wildcard with two games to go...geeez....

The AL east is just crazy...gonna be fun to see what happens.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 2nd 2005#170682 Report
Yankees just clinched the East, now they are playing to knock out the Bosox. Cleveland can't beat the bad news bears at this point.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 3rd 2005#170705 Report
'Stros start against the Braves on Wednesday...should be fun

now someone explain to me how the Red Sox and Yankees have the same record in the same division yet the Divisional Champ and Wild Card were decided without a playoff?

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 3rd 2005#170708 Report
THANK YOU!!! How annoying is that? Who cares if the head to head record is in favour of the Yankees. You win 95 games and tie for first, you have a one game playoff for the winner. It's so garbage how that works. If that were the case for a playoff spot (say Cleveland wrapped up the wildcard with 98 wins or so...) then what happens? All those millions of dollars in playoff revenue disappear because having the same record just isn't good enough? It's a serious flaw and one that happened in the NHL one year (Vancouver beat out Phoenix for the final spot based on more wins then ties). The points you earn in a season are all that should matter. It doesn't matter if you happen to beat Kansas City or Tampa a few more times to get you there. I'd be pissed if I were Boston and it cost them homefield advantage.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 3rd 2005#170711 Report
Both teams were going to the playoffs, a one game playoff wasn't nessecary.
However if Boston did not make the playoffs and were tied for first then they would have had a one game playoff. They try to avoid the one game playoff as much as a possible in order to give the teams a rest.
The only difference between wild-card and division champs in this case was the title and which team they would play.
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2005#170723 Report
Quote of the week from a local radio station:
"It's playoff time! Or, if you're Carlos Beltran, Monday." :D

Lots of ESPN experts picking the Stros to win it, series starts tomorrow in Atlanta.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2005#170724 Report
Fig's going to have to get a bigger nick than 'Fig' to hold his swelled pride if the boys from Texas win it all...
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 4th 2005#170727 Report
fig's dream season:

The Astros go to their FIRST World Series (yup, never been) and win it.

Texas goes undefeated and come to College Station the day after Thanksgiving looking to go to the National Championship only to get knocked off by Texas A&M, after which the world realizes that Mack Brown is a horrible gameday coach and has been getting by on Vince Young's athletic ability for three years.

The Texans score more than 2 offensive touchdowns in a game.

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Oct 10th 2005#170789 Report
that was INSANE...i'm exhausted from just watching that game

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum