TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

OK, let's get the ball rolling...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Reply
Aug 23rd 2005#169925 Report
[QUOTE=Rich]... OK, while I may not be able to physically schedule any changes to TPS until mid september, that will not stop me, and anyone that wants to provide some input from putting together a plan of action to revamp this site.

If anyone has ideas, comments or suggestions regarding what they would like from TPS, please feel free to make them here. Member input is important as you guys represent the people that use this site, as well as being users yourself....

Just so we are clear, I will represent my plans here, feel free to add/comment/discect/question etc...

1) Convert main site to database
Essential if we are to move forward easily. This will mean resubmitting each tutorial , time consuming, but necessary.

2) Competitions and Tutorials
I plan to give anyone that wants to submit a tutorial an incentive to do so. We'll run competitions for the best tutorials.

3) Courses
In depth tutorials that will run over a number of sections

4) Upgrade forums
To latest version and add an image gallery

5) More news!
More frequent updates to the new section with relevant industry news[/QUOTE]

Number 4 sound like a real good Ideal.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2005#169933 Report
Also... once the new forums get up and running. I think we should really inforce a taging system

I wonder how everyone feels bout this? It requires more effort from users & mods, but the few sites ive seen it on, it seems to work well. At least it makes browsing way easier/organized.

Like the help sections could use:

[TUT] - How do i make a lense flare?
[APP] - PS CS doesnt work!!
[FX] - I want scanlines

Im wondering if it would rid us of bad titles like "I need help". Though "[APP] I need help" looks just as nice, dont ya think? lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2005#169937 Report
[QUOTE=Rodder454]I wonder how everyone feels bout this? It requires more effort from users & mods, but the few sites ive seen it on, it seems to work well. At least it makes browsing way easier/organized.

Like the help sections could use:

[TUT] - How do i make a lense flare?
[APP] - PS CS doesnt work!!
[FX] - I want scanlines

Im wondering if it would rid us of bad titles like "I need help". Though "[APP] I need help" looks just as nice, dont ya think? lol[/QUOTE]

Scanlines.... roflmfao. :D That does seem like it would make it much easier to navigate though, I like that idea Rodder.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 23rd 2005#169938 Report
you wouldn't have to use tags if there was selection menu. like on tr42.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2005#170111 Report
Well yesterday I had a quick bash at redesigning the main site... I didn't get very far!

Here is what I was thinking of:

Using the orginal orange/gey swirly thing (from Pank's first design) - kinda retro on the left, with the navigation buttons overlayed transparrently. The middle - main content area, and on the right links to other areas of the site, and extracts from the forum.

I was considering designing primarily for 1024x800 users - what do you guys think of that?

Also, should mention colours. I was going for just a plain white background, but am hoping to offer skinning options, such as this original red, and a dark blue.

Rich
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2005#170117 Report
it sounds like it could be a good plan, maybe a rough img of what you were thinking to give us a visual aid ?
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 1st 2005#170118 Report
orange/gey swirly thing (from Pank's first design) - kinda retro on the left, with the navigation buttons overlayed transparrently.

Im not sure how well the orange swirl will look on a white background. Two bright colors like that might be too much contrast for the eyes. What about an off-white background? Also I kinda need to mention the overlay effect.....i hate it (lol). In my opinion nav (& content) should always be seperate elements. When multiple elements start competing for attention, then usability goes way down. Im not saying it cant be done, but I think it needs to be done carefully.

I was considering designing primarily for 1024x800 users

Thats fine. There's a lot of graphics ppl that use 16x12, but the standards still around 1024.

Also a rough image would be nice (even if you didnt get far). But be careful.....we love to crit!! Maybe pass out the screenshots so we could play with em.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2005#170134 Report
I run 1680 x 1050, but my browser window is still rarely bigger than 800x600. Well, 800 x 1000 or so. and I still hate scrolling, and having to resize my window because of some stupid wide site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2005#170140 Report
Ah man - What I did truly sucked! Which is why I stopped! lol - I have to be in the mood to design. I am much more of a layout man that a graphics guy, but will have another bash when I get a chance. I have the idea in my head, just transferring it to a website I am finding a bit difficult at the moment. I have been working with a designer recently who has provided a number of excellent logos for some other sites I have, so I go back to him for some help with the design.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 2nd 2005#170145 Report
OK, taking those comments into consideration, I'm having another bash - It's a bit plain so far, bit I'll post the URL hopefully later today or tomorrow...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum