TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

OK, let's get the ball rolling...

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Reply
Aug 16th 2005#169740 Report
... OK, while I may not be able to physically schedule any changes to TPS until mid september, that will not stop me, and anyone that wants to provide some input from putting together a plan of action to revamp this site.

If anyone has ideas, comments or suggestions regarding what they would like from TPS, please feel free to make them here. Member input is important as you guys represent the people that use this site, as well as being users yourself....

Just so we are clear, I will represent my plans here, feel free to add/comment/discect/question etc...

1) Convert main site to database
Essential if we are to move forward easily. This will mean resubmitting each tutorial , time consuming, but necessary.

2) Competitions and Tutorials
I plan to give anyone that wants to submit a tutorial an incentive to do so. We'll run competitions for the best tutorials.

3) Courses
In depth tutorials that will run over a number of sections

4) Upgrade forums
To latest version and add an image gallery

5) More news!
More frequent updates to the new section with relevant industry news
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2005#169743 Report
I think the forum really needs to be shrunk, we definately have too many sections that deal with the same things
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2005#169754 Report
I agree with zyc here would be my suggestions

The Gallery

• Website Showcase
  • Artwork Showcase

Web Development

• Server Side Code - php, perl, c/c++, jsp, etc.
  • Client Side code - html, java, javascript, dhtml, etc.

Tutorials and Resources

• Advanced Photoshop Help
  • New to Photoshop Help

The Lounge

• Introductions & General Chat

This is just a ruff idea... Everyone please feel free to add sections. Post your suggestions and I will then delete your post, and add it to this list once we decide if its something we want.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2005#169756 Report
Good overall, although I think we need a basic photoshop/photoshop questions forum as well. I'd also make 3D something like "3D, video, and post production". And you left out Flash

chris
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2005#169759 Report
*Updated*
Thanks Chris for those suggestions
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2005#169766 Report
That's only 2 sections less than we have now.

I'd remove interactive design showcase, it would just be confused with the web site one.

I'd remove the spotlight section completely, should instead be programmed into this new system that Rich is going to do.

I'd remove the introductions forum.

And remove the ripping section. There are already entire web sites devoted to rips.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 16th 2005#169767 Report
I was thinking the same thing about the ripping section. Places that are dedicated to that do a pretty good job of it. I will remove it from the list, and I see what your saying about the "Interactive Media" section. I will remove that as well.

As for the spotlight section, I think it would be better for it to be on the main site anyways. And then just impliment a voting system or something and have a place for nominations to be added to a list of some kind.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 17th 2005#169773 Report
I'd be happy if the site looked and felt more professional. A lot of us are in the business. A lot of us could BE in the business, and I feel that even the people new to Photoshop and design would welcome a professional forum, even if it has a relaxed atmosphere. Everyone knows this place is run better then many forums (conduct etc...) but it still has the same look and feel as any other Photoshop site out there. That doesn't mean make things starchy and boring, just get things a little more on the professional end.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2005#169804 Report
OK, it seems most of the comments so far are with regard to the forums, that's fine, and as soon as we've agreed on which forums should stay and which ones should go, I'll get on the control panel and sort that out.

Site design has also cropped up. Personally, I like the design layout of the site/forum but would be open to an overhaul. On the main site, the layout could benefit from a design which presented the information better I think, and maybe integrated the forums in some way.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2005#169812 Report
I would be will to sit down and help come up with a design that worked better than the current one. Something cleaner and a little easier on the eyes ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum