TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Hiding the HTML source code

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Aug 18th 2002#65252 Report
hey does n e one know how to hide the HTML code so that people can't copy it?

yes it is possible cuz i've seen it done before.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 18th 2002#65253 Report
er...well, it´s not directly possible, but you can crypt it with a silly JavaScript that puts everything into a document.write()

....but that´ll just make it harder to read, anyone can copy all that and it still does the same.
It basically just puts extra crap in between the stuff in the HTML.

Don´t think there´s any way to really hide the source.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2002#65268 Report
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2002#65271 Report
I don't know the answer to your question, but when I click on view source on those 2 links I can see it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2002#65274 Report
i see it as well, but the only reason you don't see the code on what looks like one page, is because it's not all one page. it's various frames put together, and because you can't right click, you are forced to go to view--> source, and when you do that, you just get the source for the index page with all the frame code. if you wanted to view the code for the page, you'd have to access all the pages inside each and every frame and put it together one by one.

for example, if you wanted to view the top navbar, you'd go to

http://www.asianavenue.com/Members/Navigation/ienav.html

then right click and view the source or go to view-->source, and it would work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2002#65348 Report
you could change the text in your code to white font...lol...that might fool some people :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2002#65362 Report
maybe it's just my stupid computer..cuz it didn't work the other day.

i think it's impossible to change the code font to white..and even if u can they might have a different theme on their comp. or they can change it so that they can see it....
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2002#65363 Report
..lol, you can't change the color of your source-font....

I really don´t think that hiding source is possible.
Unless we talk about some Java-applets showing the page, but that'd just be silly. :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2002#65374 Report
Yeah I have seen some javascript stuff where it won't let you view the source code, or what not, but I found that using the file-save as would let you download the html page anyway. So I have yet to see anything that will actually 100% hide the source.

Plus having html isn't that big a deal. If you have some special code that needs to be secure, like maybe some java applet or a javascript, you can always hide those on the server and import them. But with html I personally don't see much of a reason to hide it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Aug 19th 2002#65379 Report
....but even with importing them, ppl can just view the visible source, and check out the URL from there, and paste it in the browser, and save it.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum