TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Cross Browser Design

Page: 1 2 Reply
May 6th 2003#102229 Report
Marble:
Thanks for the info, I've read it about 3 times, just trying to let it register, and attempting to visualize it more. I'm going to review my code tonight and look to reset borders to "0". I had submitted it to the Review section but didn't get much feedback. I was just told that it was a trip to see Pank's menu on another site. But thanks for the info on your part.

The Hermit:
Thanks for the site link to the web dev information. I'm sure it'll help plenty in the future. Your help and time for offering it is greatly appreciated.

I hope to keep hearing some more responses or tips and tricks on crossbrowser design. I really would like to get better and get some business my way to help pay for some of my schooling in English Literature.

Peace.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 6th 2003#107071 Report
Marble or Paavo: And anyone else...help!

I had some questions. Marble: I had sent a PM to you and I don't know if you got it.

I had another question not only with cross browser design, although it still has me a little boggled learning compliant codes. How do you guys push the margin to the edge, almost looking like it actuall continues past teh scroll bar, without the a bottom scroll bar of course.

Let's say it's an 800 x 600...how does the margin push so clean against the scroll bar, almost making it look like it's beyond. And one other thing. How do you make what I have heard to be called, "liquid" pages, that expand to fit a higher resolution.

Oh yeah, I'm learning how to do this in Photoshop so I was wondering if when you make the size, considering offsets, does it automatically make it push against the edge. Because the one I tried left about a 2-3 pixel gap showing the background against the scrollbar.

Okay, I think that's it. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2003#107084 Report
You can set tables to either be a fixed dimension using , lets say 800px width, or you can set it to 100%..... that should sum up what is going on. That way it fills 100% no matter what resolution.

So:

< table width="100%" topmargin="0" leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" >

set the margins to 0 will make them flush with the edge, like you see the top margin on this forum is flush with the edge of the browser.

Dont confuse photoshop with coding. Although you can save optimised for web and have a html page, you want to get away from that and just take the objects you need that you made in PS and code yourself.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jun 7th 2003#107091 Report
Okay, now I tried that but I had some pictures break up once the window was minimized. So are pictures/.jpg in cels with pixels or percentages?

Once I minimize the pictures overlap each other. So that's why I always chose to do tables in pixels. It's interesting, but I'm working on it here.

Now when I look at the source of this page to view the code, I see table set to 780. Is there somethingn I'm not getting here?

Thanks for your time and help...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum