TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Hi, I'm old here.

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Dec 26th 2006#175721 Report
All I can say is I have tried... I have given the site two facelifts, tried to recruit tutorial writers, tried to partner with a designer to provide a regular stream of new tutorials, and tried to generate interest with the existing userbase.

But all of it has been to no end so lately I have been concentrating on other projects, as I have run out of ideas for TPS.

... As it see it, it's like every few months a new member comes back and tries to get the show back on the road, I try to help out... then it just fizzles out again, so for me TPS has been very demoralising and a time consuming experience for me.

It is a shame to let this place go down the toilet, and in 07 I will upgrade the forums to stop the spam bots and try again to recruit some people that will provide regular tutorials and news. If anyone from the existing community is interested in getting involved please get in touch by PM.

I would also suggest a site meeting (as DPQ suggests) in early 07, for anyone interested in helping to improve the site.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 30th 2006#175758 Report
Im hoping I can help out here as much as I can also, I've known Rich for a long time, and glady offer my help.

TheDPQ, I remember you from YaXaY (granted I didnt see the members here say you were from there) But I was there today and I saw your name under a announcement. Small world. haha
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 30th 2006#175759 Report
TheDPQ, I remember you from YaXaY (granted I didnt see the members here say you were from there) But I was there today and I saw your name under a announcement. Small world. haha

Yah i haven't been really active here since about 2002 so i didn't really expect anyone here to remember me. Most people on the 'old' communities seemed to have left and places like myspace has sucked up a lot of the 'new blood'.

The site is PR 5, it had a good amount of sites indexed on google, seems to be a few members a day signing up. I don't know if you could bring back and old community but there isn't any reason why a new one can't be reborn. Just oodles of work invovled in that.

I was looking at showgroups the other day and you weren't an admin. If rich just added you this would be a good time to make an annnoucement. 'yadda yadda upgraded to 3.6. in an effort to help yadda yadda jeremy now and admin'

Also might be good to introduce yourself and explain who the hell you are and why anyone should care about you. :D

This place needs to remove old staff

whisk: Last Activity: 11-01-2005 10:55 AM
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 3rd 2007#175775 Report
whisk was the guy that installed our first new template and who wrote the cms we use on the main site... As for Dan, I suppose he has drifted off somewhere for now...

... But, I will send out one of those annoucements to ask people to return, and then have a staff shake up.

... Anyone that is interested can help in whatever capacity they want to, or just leave me to run the show.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2007#175821 Report
Now that I can actually log on to this site from my home account I can actually be here for a site meeting.

I love this site, Always have. Since back in the day when everyone and their brother was sitting back waiting for Pank to do a new design, (so they could rip it) I have considered this my online home.

I fell away for a while, but that was mostly due to getting a new business off the ground. Now that that business is pretty much running itself (because of 2 great people I landed to do most of the work ;) ) I have time on my hands to put back into this site.

I'll be glad to put together some more advanced tutorials, but the problem with that is alot of the less experienced user will get stuck and flood the thread with questions. Why isn't this working? What am I doing wrong? What is my name? :D Then again, now that I think about it, that might not be a bad thing.

I'd be happy to help in any capacity I can.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2007#175827 Report
.. Anyone that is interested can help in whatever capacity they want to, or just leave me to run the show.

As long as ou are actually running the show i think you will find people to support you.

I'll be glad to put together some more advanced tutorials, but the problem with that is alot of the less experienced user will get stuck and flood the thread with questions. Why isn't this working? What am I doing wrong? What is my name? Then again, now that I think about it, that might not be a bad thing.

See what issues people have and then write tutorials to those extended problems and link them up in your orignal tut. :D :D
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 6th 2007#175828 Report
torn ... An advanced tutorial of some kind I think would be great, it would give us something that we can use to promote the site and actually have something fresh on the site... and maybe generate some questions / interest

dpq ... I see what you mean. I will put more time into the site, have been really busy with relaunching another site but I like the idea of doing competitions for the best manipulations with actual prizes and the community voting on the best work.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 11th 2007#175859 Report
Ok, I uploaded one tut night before last. Its not too advanced but it is very useful. Now its just "pending approval" I guess.

I've got several more in text form but I need to go back and get screenshots. I'll try to upload about 1 a week for the next several weeks.
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 12th 2007#175870 Report
Well, i'm pretty old here and I still lurk around from time to time :-)

Please don't let the site die. By that, I mean actually look after it, don't let the boards get spammed to hell (a la CoolHomePages.com lol) and watch the numbers roll in.

Hell, you could even try getting your members to promote the site by linking from their sites.

Also - trim the boards, there are too many categories.

Long Live TPS!
Reply with Quote Reply
Jan 13th 2007#175883 Report
Hey woods ... Hi! And thanks for the comments

torn ... Great, cheers That is now live.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum