TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Hi, I'm old here.

Page: 1 2 3 Reply
Dec 9th 2006#175545 Report
What's up everyone?

I wonder how many people actually remember me... funny how time works.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 9th 2006#175546 Report
Since i dropped in a few days ago this is the 3rd (including me) person to drop in . I bet this place could get a few good people back if they spammed i mean emailed them to remind it them about teamphotoshop.

Hello Hello! I have this vague recollection of who you are. I don't think we knew each other enough to slap each other around or get into any big discussion. I didn't really do my own graphics i just hopped around bothering those who did. <3 <3

So what made you decide to revisit this place?

I can't believe there aren't most images in the gallery!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 9th 2006#175548 Report
[QUOTE=TheDPQ]Since i dropped in a few days ago this is the 3rd (including me) person to drop in . I bet this place could get a few good people back if they spammed i mean emailed them to remind it them about teamphotoshop.

Hello Hello! I have this vague recollection of who you are. I don't think we knew each other enough to slap each other around or get into any big discussion. I didn't really do my own graphics i just hopped around bothering those who did. <3 <3

So what made you decide to revisit this place?

I can't believe there aren't most images in the gallery!![/QUOTE]

I don't visit so much anymore because the forum got totally changed... there isnt even a custom layout! And it seems totally dead. Threads have very little replies and there are little new threads.

It's just... dead. And different. I can't say that I particularly like it.

You're from Santa Clarita? I'm in Riverside... and I was definitely driving up north two weeks ago and spendt 1.5 hours in traffic on I-5 through SC...
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2006#175553 Report
When DID that happen? I look when i last posted it it was something like late 2003. Last i was here pank still owned it and it was a happening place.

The lack of custom buttons is a bit weird, it would be nice to have something of a teamphotoshop brand but overall it wouldn't make me not visit this place. Now the google ads on the another hand....

Hrm *fixes that* woo i must have done that before i got paranoid about people online. Mostly after dealing with Yaxay i don't like people to know where i live or work because there are scary pissed off people out there.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2006#175555 Report
Hey guys! Welcome back... I remember both of you.
Nice to know that you somehow found your way back.

I agree that it sucks that there is no custom layout, a bit weird for a photoshop forum. And the forum needs to be upgraded, badly. Rich, the new owner, is working on that.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2006#175559 Report
[QUOTE=*NL*]Hey guys! Welcome back... I remember both of you.
[/QUOTE]

I remember both of you too! These gray hairs didn't shut down my memory yet.

(Oh, but they are trying) ;)
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 11th 2006#175563 Report
Hey guys! Welcome back... I remember both of you.

I agree that it sucks that there is no custom layout, a bit weird for a photoshop forum. And the forum needs to be upgraded, badly. Rich, the new owner, is working on that.

Can you give me a history of TeamPhotoshop in the last 3 years in a few sentances? When was it bought? Why wasn't the old skin kept? Why does the news script suck so hard? Do you guys ever send newsletters out? Who is Rich?

Your forum suffers from the same problem as 'mine'. Lots-o-new people nothing to reply to!! Although at least your newbies are asking for help.

These gray hairs didn't shut down my memory yet.

At least the grays didn't wage war on the colors and make you bald in the aftermath of the battle.
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 12th 2006#175571 Report
I guess the last 3 years can be summed up like this: 3 years ago teamphotoshop was a vibrant place with a lot of people posting, and a pretty tight community, trying to help out new people. About 1,5 year ago things got a bit slow, mostly due to political discussions and what not, at a certain point in time there was more photoshop unrelated stuff posted than would be common for a photoshop forum. Pank had the chance to sell the forum a few years ago, but decided not to do it.

Last year he decided it was a good idea to let someone else inject some life or fresh ideas in his love baby. Rich came along and took over. After an ambitious start, with a new frontpage developed, people still didn't seem to catch on, and the forum stayed pretty silent. The first frontpage wasn't very good for a photoshop website, so Rich created a competition for all the forum users and others interested to design a new page. That is the frontpage there is now, I guess the forum skins got lost somewhere along the road.

Right now we are experiencing a lot of spam of bots. So in the hopefully not so far future the forum will be upgraded and maybe skinned. I guess that those actions alone won't help the forum enough though. What is needed are people that contribute to the forum, maybe by posting tutorials or graphics related news.

Do you guys have any good ideas that will help the forum?
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 14th 2006#175587 Report
Guess i am confused on why the old design was changed in general. Old, but solid. You had the big T logo thingy.

Thanks for the information though. Who is Rich? Is that his username as well? Haven't seen him post since i peeked in on this place.

Do you guys have any good ideas that will help the forum?

1. Start a Contest (Gallery Submission Contest?)
2. Spam everyone about said contest.
3. Start posting more design-related news.

Everyone has images, just make it somehow profitable for them to submit something. Maybe have 2-3 categories you could win a prize in.

But even if you GET them here they have to have something to reply to, so you'll need some interesting news, tidbits, tricks, tips, and discussions going on.

haha i love it how easy that sounds.

Also geez change the time on 'current users' its annoying to see people on that list who haven't been on for an hour. Add a 'users in the last 24 hours' hack if you must but keep the 'online users' pure!!
Reply with Quote Reply
Dec 14th 2006#175589 Report
Yeah, your ideas pretty much reflect what I feel needs to happen...

Rich is the nickname indeed, and you're right, I didn't see him on the forum for a few weeks it seems... :( Too bad he's the only one that can do all the upgrading and installing of new scripts etc.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 3 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum