TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Gridlock Studios

Page: 1 2 Reply
Sep 20th 2001#16735 Report
Howdy, again. Need ya peeps to gimme any suggestions or anything on this image: GS

:: EDIT :: I mean nothing by the swastika. I just kept it in there becuase the aim of the design was based around a Evil and Gothic theme. If it offends you in anyway, I am sorry.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 21st 2001#16753 Report
it would still be evil without supporting a group that was remembereed by their acts of imfamy. Plus, will the picutre look any WORSE if the swastika wasn't there? People that see that picture else where wouldn't know u don't mean anything by it, and since u say that it just draws attention to it.

And with all the death recently, is it really necessary to make a picture that emphasizes hate and a debased moral perception of society? I also don't think it's a good idea to be associating the picture of EVIL and GOTHIC SWASTIKA'S as a company, i assume it's a company of some sort...
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 21st 2001#16755 Report
Yeah, I've been thinking about taking it off, since soo many contacts been asking about it. Consider it done, but other then the Swastika. Hows the image? And yes it is a company, but the image is not offical yet. Sorry for the design, I will black out the Swastika. Thanks
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 21st 2001#16756 Report
the image it self is alright, although it seems u just grunged up and imported some pics, and slapped them onto a .psd

the font of gridlock studios doesn't match the feeling of the picture. and it stands out too much, but i don't know if you're trying to emphasize the name.

too much space, the picture doesn't really convey any message other then some freaked up mutant thing that looks like he's from RE or something.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 21st 2001#16757 Report
Heh, there was no point to this image. Just to look interesting. Your correct on the text, it was made to emphasize the name. Thanks again.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 21st 2001#16760 Report
people are too sensitive. it can be appropriate to use that symbol in art. i don't think this picture needed it. its a powerful and dangerous symbol.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2001#16860 Report
although it seems u just grunged up and imported some pics, and slapped them onto a .psd

How would one create a grunge-style image from stock photos if you don't import them into a *.psd? I think it's quite alright if someone does not have the resouces/talent to create an image (whether it be from photography or some sort of digital media) from scratch, but still wishes to make an eye-pleasing piece.

As for the swastika, I think people are too sensitive. Get over it. Some of the most contrivercial pieces of art are are regarded as the best. (This, however, is not one of them)
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2001#16865 Report
Originally posted by adam

(This, however, is not one of them)

exactly.

as i put in my post earlier, I said that it had no purpose.

and what i meant about him slapping stuff on, was
that he just followed a tutorial to make a grunge border.
followed a few other grunge tut's at striding studio, and
got his final product.

much of what was done at some stupid vampire guild site
*cough*
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2001#16874 Report
I am not sure how many of you actually know this, but the swastica is only interpreted as an 'evil, powerful' image because of hitlers use of it to represent thr 3rd Reich.

The Swastica is actually a symbol of integrity, royalty. Hence hitler using it as a form of propoganda. Now, most of you will look at the symbol and think "nazi". Try look at it next time and not think what you have been taught to think of it as.
Reply with Quote Reply
Sep 22nd 2001#16875 Report
i knew that, axiom...

Isn't it an old indian symbol or something like that?

Though AcidGLS used it because the picture should look dark, gothic or evil... then it isn't a good idea to use a swastika i think.
That way you try to make your visitors think of the wrong evil...

I can't really put this in words i think...
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum