TeamPhotoshop
Reviews, updates and in depth guides to your favourite mobile games - AppGamer.com
Forum Home Latest Posts Search Help Subscribe

Some business card

Page: 1 2 Reply
Feb 26th 2005#166184 Report
A while ago, I started making a "business" card for someone. For some reason I stopped months ago, but now I wanted to finish it. It's the first time I've done a card, so I don't know if this is too busy or just fine. Anyway comments are welcome.

You can also see a bigger version of the vector I made for it. (It's an hospital btw)

LINK
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2005#166210 Report
I like it, however some places that print cards print just plain text. So you should investigate how much each card will run you with that faily complicated design.
Reply with Quote Reply
Feb 27th 2005#166219 Report
Ah, but it doesn't matter in my case, as I will print them myself

thanks for the repply.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 7th 2005#166459 Report
Nice, Nice. Clean. Well done - what methods do you use?
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 7th 2005#166475 Report
Thanks. I used Illustrator to make the building, then imported it into photoshop to make the rest.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 14th 2005#166662 Report
well, the typography is rather gross and there isnt much alignment going on, it looks like one of those publisher templates, also when designing cards you dont want to do them in photoshop especially the text big no no. text should not be done in a bitmap program like photoshop

later,
Michael
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 14th 2005#166663 Report
First of all thank you for your comment.

But I don't quite get why the type would be gross? Are you talking about the font used?

Also, I knew it wasn't very ordered, and that's something I wanted to work on, thanks for pointing it out though.

And in which program should I make the text then, Illustrator maybe?

Help me out a bit, lol
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 14th 2005#166671 Report
Sorry for sounding harsh first off. There are a few things that really bug me 1 is underlined type, this isnt web its print also the spacing is really weird but Im not going to go into that because your using fake content, to give your card more room you dont need the () or the - you can letter space them and group. As for where to do your businesscard, yes illustrator would work but ideally you would use a page layout program such as adobe indesign where you bring in both text and images and have complete control of your type.
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 14th 2005#166677 Report
For a business card, there is nothing wrong with doing it in Illustrator. I don't feel you need to use a program like InDesign unless you're working on a multi-page document. If you're using PS content (photo, etc), place it into the Illustrator file, making sure you use 300 ppi for the original in PS. IF you're going to send the file out to a print house, save a copy of the file--explode the text to 'outlines' and save it as an EPS version 8 (verify with print house to verify format and version).
Reply with Quote Reply
Mar 15th 2005#166688 Report
Black and white colour? It's too cheap design. I like how you traced the hospital in vector, looks good.
Reply with Quote Reply
Page: 1 2 Back to top
Please login or register above to post in this forum